This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is a Raichu more evolved than a Pikachu?

#11DantheSagePosted 7/5/2013 6:19:48 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
DantheSage posted...
Faust_8 posted...
The games often don't make sense with regards to Speed.

For example, they really want us to think that lil Turtwig is slower than hulking Torterra? But it has to be that way because if things got slower as they evolved into something bigger, it would throw balance out of whack.

Both Onix and Scyther get slower when they evolve into something bigger.

I think the difference with them and a plant is Steel makes things heavier which I'm sure will make it slower.

No argument there, just pointing out that it does happen in the games.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4040 1641 0942
#12X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/5/2013 6:22:20 PM
DantheSage posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
DantheSage posted...
Faust_8 posted...
The games often don't make sense with regards to Speed.

For example, they really want us to think that lil Turtwig is slower than hulking Torterra? But it has to be that way because if things got slower as they evolved into something bigger, it would throw balance out of whack.

Both Onix and Scyther get slower when they evolve into something bigger.

I think the difference with them and a plant is Steel makes things heavier which I'm sure will make it slower.

No argument there, just pointing out that it does happen in the games.

I know. Just saying.
Like a ton of rocks to make a snake I think that change to solid balls of steel (I just noticed what I wrote there... didn't mean ti put it like that) would be insanely heavy but forget Onix.

A normal flying bug that gets coated in steel I think would make that bug slow.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#13DantheSagePosted 7/5/2013 6:23:57 PM
And then there's Magneton which gets slower when it evolves to Magnezone even though it was already a steel type.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4040 1641 0942
#14Faust_8Posted 7/5/2013 7:08:54 PM
Yes, some do get slower (usually as a result of a new evolution that didn't exist when the first stage was introduced though...Scyther, Onix, Magneton, Electabuzz, and Magmar all didn't evolve when they first appeared) but it's still true that the vast majority that get bigger end up being faster.

Squirtle doesn't look slower than Blastoise. Munchlax to Snorlax? Lol!

I'm not saying this is stupid, just saying that in many areas of Pokemon you shouldn't use common sense or logic.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#15xiaolinpetPosted 7/5/2013 7:23:55 PM
Pelipper is slower than wingull yeah?
---
Soulsilver FC: 3180-8615-3680
Platinum FC: 1978-3032-3870