This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just noticed how other RPG series could be kinda stale if done like Pokemon

#21R-A-VPosted 7/6/2013 7:49:22 PM
Sure.
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon White 2
Need to finish Pokemon white 2 before X and Y come out
#22JustinTheJaggedPosted 7/6/2013 7:59:51 PM
Aysander posted...
JustinTheJagged posted...
Aysander posted...
I blame lightning for existing for more than one additional game over the standard.

Yuna, it worked, imo. Lightning...meh. I never really liked SquallCloud StrifeHart

Lightning is hands down the best thing Final Fantasy has produced IMO, but to each their own.

My question for you is: Did you LOVE FF7/Cloud, or did you find it "Good"? Lightning makes me think of a gender-swapped Cloud in so many aspects.

Oddly enough, I actually didn't like Cloud. I did like FF7, but definitely not as much as a majority of the fanbase does.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#23WutengPosted 7/6/2013 8:17:40 PM
surferguy7 posted...
I think the difference is that 10x more life and energy is put into a single Pokémon than some arbitrary enemy from another RPG. With each new Pokémon, you have to analyze it's stats, movepool, abilities, and typing in order to see how it stacks up against the current metagame. A single Pokémon could do nothing at all, or be game changing.

But yes, I get where you're coming from.

this only applied to online competitive battle

the npc's or wild pokemon is almost lifeless, heck they only use random move.......

I really hope they atleast use a move that its type is strong against my pokemon
---
Max 2380-3218-5410
#24AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/6/2013 8:22:42 PM
I like Gau.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#25wind64aPosted 7/6/2013 8:28:45 PM
Hmm, you mean actually keeping it a somewhat turn based RPG instead of the really annoying system it has now. That would be something I'd have actually liked.

I actually did like Cloud, and am not fond of Lightning. Then again a good part of what makes Cloud interesting is not what quite a few people even associate easily with him, and I didn't see nearly as much of Lightning due to my dislike of quite a few different elements in XIII so it's not like I'm the best judge of her character.

An odd thing. Cloud's real personality shy but actually pretty cheerful. Real Zack's personality outgoing and cheerful. Cloud thinking he's Zack, negative Nancy.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393