This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As someone whose favorite gens were 1 and 2, Monorpale's design rocks.

#1JagusPosted 7/5/2013 9:31:12 PM
His design is simple and effective. He is a simple object with a clever idea (a possessed sword that has a tassel arm that unsheathes itself) and has repeating patterns and clear lines that emphasize its mystical nature. There is nothing to hate about it. I think it's an incredible design, and hearkens back to earlier gens.

I'm just pointing this out because the other dude is trolling. There is nothing busy about Monorpale's design. And gen 1/2 fans don't hate it. I love it.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#2FuneralCakePosted 7/5/2013 9:31:58 PM
It probably doesn't have a gender, and if it does, it probably won't be male-only.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#3MagikarpRulesPosted 7/5/2013 9:34:11 PM
I wouldn't say it's my favorite design so far, but it works. And hey, it brought an interesting type combo with it.
#4stranksyPosted 7/5/2013 9:35:34 PM
Isn't its english name Honedge?
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#5roxbury1990Posted 7/5/2013 9:36:00 PM
My favorite gen is 1 followed in the distance by 3. And I can safely say I don't like Honedge's design at all. But I can see how others would, so im not trolling or trying to be a downer. I even like a decent amount of gen 5 pokes, but gen 4 I found incredibly disappointing. Im just not a huge fan of inanimate object pokes (like many others around here apparently) and a sword I just find boring. However, if you like the design, by all means, enjoy it.
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST
#6BrilloheadPosted 7/5/2013 9:37:38 PM
I don't see anything incredible about it. It's a simple design, it works. Nothing special really but yeah I don't see why it's getting hate.
---
PSN:
BriLLLohead
#7Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 9:39:35 PM
Brillohead posted...
I don't see anything incredible about it. It's a simple design, it works. Nothing special really but yeah I don't see why it's getting hate.

I love it because it's a possessed sword whose tassel is an arm that unsheathes itself. It's clever. And when it's sheathed, the way the sheath is shaped creates a spooky face. What's not to love?
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#8Noctus3Posted 7/5/2013 9:44:59 PM
10/10 topic.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#9Arne83Posted 7/5/2013 9:45:34 PM
As someone that that loves gen 2, I can say that while do like Honedge's design... it's the concept behind it that I like the most. I love living/possessed weapons.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#10Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:14:05 PM
bump
---