This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone explain to me how Charizard "sucks?"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can someone explain to me how Charizard "sucks?"

User Info: ZTIger5

ZTIger5
3 years ago#21
They're really just referring to competitive battles; more specifically Stealth Rock. Because apparently every pokemon in existence can learn it and its the most devastating attack in the history of ever.
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY

User Info: Ephemeral_Being

Ephemeral_Being
3 years ago#22
It takes tons of damage from Stealth Rocks, mainly. Entry hazards kill.
Coniido, 200 Buccaneer
PeriTheLame, 16X Bishop

User Info: jagddorsa

jagddorsa
3 years ago#23
If Game Freak does just one thing next gen, I want them to nerf Stealth Rock. Change it to a multi turn setup like Spikes and Toxic Spikes, add more "Rapid Spin" type moves and users, anything would be good. Some medium-to-weak existing moves could conceivably remove hazards... Whirlpool, Whirlwind, Icy Wind, Razor Wind, Sliver Wind, Twister. Game Freak has a lot of options, but for some reason I think they'll just add a new entry hazard, like "Fairy Dust" or something.
http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Jefe
http://www.xfire.com/profile/jefejefejefe

User Info: jneal57

jneal57
3 years ago#24
it doesn't suck.......but i have a rock and water in my team...so......to my team he sucks
:3 kitty kitty

User Info: LeoAleph

LeoAleph
3 years ago#25
Stealth Rocks. Rock type attacks in general.

User Info: Hrothdane

Hrothdane
3 years ago#26
Because people overuse stealth rock.

Gamefreak either needs to get rid of it or add similar entry hazards for other types to even things out.

User Info: Kinger1000

Kinger1000
3 years ago#27
Honestly, with the new Fairy Type taking out Dragons, I feel that Charizard might be more popular competitively this Gen

User Info: radred2004

radred2004
3 years ago#28
Melkac posted...
Stealth Rock, Fire/Flying.

To build off this, bad defenses.

Kinger1000 posted...
Honestly, with the new Fairy Type taking out Dragons, I feel that Charizard might be more popular competitively this Gen

The only way he becomes more competitive is changing his type to fire/dragon. Other dragons have nothing to do with him. Bad defenses and 4x weakness will always cripple Charizard.
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138

User Info: Aysander

Aysander
3 years ago#29
Charizard definitely needs a good +SpE or +SpA/+SpE move, I.E quiver dance, or a new equivalent.

Stealth Rock, Rock Slide, and Stone Edge availability, especially on faster pokes, doesn't help charizard. I imagine Protect/Overheat/Air Slash/Dragon Pulse Zard could work in doubles with Tailwind or Trickroom support, but he still has mediocre SpA and SpE compared to other run-of-the-mill fire types, such as Magmar and Moltres.

TBH, as much as I love fire types..I usually use them in doubles where I can couple them with an adequate partner to cover their weaknesses...but Doubles and Triples are an altogether different competitive scene compared to singles in some senses.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#30
So much misinformation in this topic.

Charizard's defenses aren't bad, they are actually pretty good for a sweeper that's not legendary, no other fire starter but Typhlosion has better defenses.

Fire/Flying isn't a bad typing, it's actually pretty average. It only has 3 weaknesses, earthquake, spikes, and toxic spikes immunity, TWO 4x resistances, resistance to three different priority moves, and fighting resistances.

The problem is that solar power makes even resisted hits hurt badly.

Charizard's not a wall or anything, but people are pretty ignorant of its defensive decency.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can someone explain to me how Charizard "sucks?"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived