This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Imagine: Gen 6 incorporates anime cameos

#21Probit_ReturnPosted 7/6/2013 10:02:01 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
I had no intention of keeping each cannon pure when I suggested the idea. It was for Easter egg purposes for people who are/were fans. If they cared about cannon, Red and others in the PWT would be a bit older, and we would have gotten Pokemon based on ingame teams instead of the anime and it's various promotions all the time.

Having Ash make a cameo in the post game isn't going to screw up the intricate relationship between Brendan's mom and the Trick Master, or whatever. Especially when people say the post game isn't cannon.

...You make a good point.

However, reusing sprites really doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things (annoying, yes, but not a big deal). In fact, PWT probably isn't even canon anyways. And while the post game might not be canon either, it still exists entirely within the rules of the universe. Catching Heatran in Platinum might not be canon, but it's also not contradictory either. It could very well happen. Now, if Ash made some jokes that indicated that yes, he is in another Kalos than the one he remembers, or if Red and Ash were to meet somehow, that would be a different story. Meta-joke and all. The games might be simple, but they still have a continuity.

Also, you made another good point. The anime event stuff are promotions. They're not meant to affect the games. They're meant to promote the anime. I'm sure over in Japan, the anime tie in events get a good bit of fanfare. While they could still promote the anime with a post game battle, it would be a bit harder to capitalize on it without spoiling that it's there. Events, on the other hand, can be announced all they want, because it's not going to spoil anything.

Yeah, I'm being stubborn, but I'm a continuity nut. That's why Digimon Adventure 02 has steadily dropped lower and lower in terms of season standings for me personally with all the plotholes it has.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#22Chaos_MissilePosted 7/6/2013 10:16:55 PM
If that happens, imagine the hacking that would occur. It would be even worse than with Lance.

"Go, Pikachu!"

"Go, *insert Ground-type here*"

"Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!"

"It's super effective! *insert Ground-type here* fainted"

Pikachu's Super Hidden Ability: Hax
Screw the Rules! I have Broken MC Power!
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#23wind64aPosted 7/6/2013 10:21:42 PM
Probit_Return posted...
I had no intention of keeping each cannon pure when I suggested the idea. It was for Easter egg purposes for people who are/were fans. If they cared about cannon, Red and others in the PWT would be a bit older, and we would have gotten Pokemon based on ingame teams instead of the anime and it's various promotions all the time.

Having Ash make a cameo in the post game isn't going to screw up the intricate relationship between Brendan's mom and the Trick Master, or whatever. Especially when people say the post game isn't cannon.

...You make a good point.

However, reusing sprites really doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things (annoying, yes, but not a big deal). In fact, PWT probably isn't even canon anyways. And while the post game might not be canon either, it still exists entirely within the rules of the universe. Catching Heatran in Platinum might not be canon, but it's also not contradictory either. It could very well happen. Now, if Ash made some jokes that indicated that yes, he is in another Kalos than the one he remembers, or if Red and Ash were to meet somehow, that would be a different story. Meta-joke and all. The games might be simple, but they still have a continuity.

Also, you made another good point. The anime event stuff are promotions. They're not meant to affect the games. They're meant to promote the anime. I'm sure over in Japan, the anime tie in events get a good bit of fanfare. While they could still promote the anime with a post game battle, it would be a bit harder to capitalize on it without spoiling that it's there. Events, on the other hand, can be announced all they want, because it's not going to spoil anything.

Yeah, I'm being stubborn, but I'm a continuity nut. That's why Digimon Adventure 02 has steadily dropped lower and lower in terms of season standings for me personally with all the plotholes it has.

What if the Anime cameos were added in through free DLC as events that then become daily battles for your games?
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#24Probit_ReturnPosted 7/6/2013 10:40:21 PM
wind64a posted...
What if the Anime cameos were added in through free DLC as events that then become daily battles for your games?

I have no problem with that. I'd even get them. Being DLC, it doesn't have to follow the same rules, like the events we already received prior to this. Hell, they could do some fun stuff with that. Like a double battle, Ash and Red versus you and one of the rivals/other important characters. Or Ash and Gary. Ironic, considering I typically take issue with DLC. I dunno, I just have this issue with trying to combine the two completely different continuities that don't really work together. It's still less frustrating than anything having to do with Tingle though, so I guess it can't be that bad, the more I think about it. Tingle... I hate that guy...
---
Hinako danced crazy
#25-Oath-Posted 7/6/2013 10:45:30 PM
I'd love for Red, Lance, and Cynthia to make an appearance.
#26Grammar_manPosted 7/8/2013 6:10:04 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Ash gets beaten by newbs regularly, so his team wouldn't be high-levelled.

Yeah, until he reaches the end of each current saga, then he's actually got power behind him. Like I said, post game, yo.<_<

and then you get that Ash has only won one league

ever

You have Bianca in BW who couldn't even beat the Gym Leader challenge, and she has level 60-65 Pokemon. I know you're trying to troll, but you're sucking at it.

I'm not. And Ash =/= Bianca.

Ash has gone through six regions (five if you exclude the Orange Islands). See that Pikachu? It should be Level 100.

Yet it gets KO'd and/or stolen every other episode at least.

Ash Pikachu is so old, it's now senile. It forgets how powerful it is from time to time.

And either way, I'd like to see a calculation on just how high leveled Ash's Snorlax would need to be tank 50+ Focus Punches from Greta's Medicham.