This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Mythbusters: Day 5- The "N is Zoroark" Theory

#1iKhanicPosted 7/5/2013 9:58:20 PM
What do you think of the Venonat-Butterfree theory after this discussion: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66353011 - Results (73 votes)
Venonat-Butterfree Theory CONFIRMED
50.68% (37 votes)
Venonat-Butterfree Theory BUSTED!
49.32% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So today, we'll discuss the "N is Zoroark" Theory and vote on last time's Venonat-Butterfree theory theory.

I think this theory is crap. Developers can recycle design elements,

See the full Butterfree-Venonat topic here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66353011

Today we shall evaluate the "N is Zoroark" theory, which claims that N isn't actually a person, but a disguised Zoroark

The evidence for the theory isn't presented well in one article like the previous, but I'll link two more detailed descriptions. WARNING: BLACK AND WHITE 2 SPOILERS.
www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23419389
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=283173
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?555405-**speculation**-N-is-a-Zoroark (Pre BW2)

I won't be giving my opinion on this one since I haven't played BW 2.

Results:
Blues Raticate 73.91%- BUSTED
Genesect-Kabutops 84.52%- BUSTED
Mew-Ditto 57.26%- CONFIRMED
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2LightningAce11Posted 7/5/2013 9:59:38 PM
It is dumb. N has a zorua.
---
Pokemon red and blue suck.
#3fedartzPosted 7/5/2013 10:09:27 PM
Pokemon stuffed pokemon in pokeballs... now that a weird theory. Not to mention Reshiram recognized a pokemon as a hero. Their king is actually a pokemon in disguise. Pokemon who beat the previous Champion...Pokemon who is also a pokemon trainer. How can this possible?
---
The True Honedge Blacksmith of Pokemon XY Board
#4EchoPhoenixPosted 7/5/2013 10:21:44 PM(edited)
Didn't read the source links, but I make some points in this topic.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/66273816

Some key points:
- Zoroark can talk while disguised, as seen in Black 2/White 2

- In general, Memory Links are told in the perspective of the person you talk to. One Memory Link has you talk to a Zoroark, and then the flashback is shown in N's perspective. The logical conclusion is that that Zoroark is N.

- In Black 2/White 2, N leaves his dragon because he believes that the Dragon's duty is to help "humans that seek ideals/truth." After that, he talks about how he's seeking an ideal/truth. Since he's still seeking his ideal/truth, wouldn't that mean that he's leaving the Dragon because he's not a human?

- It makes an alternate explanation for why he can communicate with Pokemon better than most others, because he's one himself.

Other, weaker points:
- N's room has "scratch marks from a Pokemon" when you examine his halfpipe. Makes most sense that they're from N himself since he doesn't really carry around Pokemon most of the time.

- A few lines where him, Ghetsis, and others refer to his life "learned to live as a human" or how "doesn't have a human heart," etc.

- His design's like a reverse of a Zoroark. The hairstyle's similar, but Zoroark's dark with a red "ponytail," while N is pale with a green one.
#5LightningHawk90Posted 7/5/2013 10:20:15 PM
It's a cool theory and N does have a ponytail like Zoroark's hair.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#6scrappybristolPosted 7/5/2013 10:20:39 PM
... Why you trying to bust my theory, iKhanic?
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#7fedartzPosted 7/5/2013 10:22:50 PM
EchoPhoenix posted...
- A few lines where him, Ghetsis, and others refer to his life "learned to live as a human" or how "doesn't have a human heart," etc.

Thats because he used to live with pokemon more than human...He's a missing link like Tarzan.
---
The True Honedge Blacksmith of Pokemon XY Board
#8EchoPhoenixPosted 7/5/2013 10:26:07 PM(edited)
fedartz posted...
EchoPhoenix posted...

Thats because he used to live with pokemon more than human...He's a missing link like Tarzan.

Try countering the Memory Link point, which is the strongest hint in my opinion. I mentioned those "human" lines because there are multiple ways to interpret them. It could be figurative, like you're saying, or it could be subtly literal, when you take the other hints that N's a Pokemon into account.
#9yzmanPosted 7/5/2013 10:26:56 PM
I think the topics and poll linked to are incorrect. They are not venonat/butterfree.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#10CharizardFirePosted 7/5/2013 10:37:36 PM
EchoPhoenix posted...
- In general, Memory Links are told in the perspective of the person you talk to. One Memory Link has you talk to a Zoroark, and then the flashback is shown in N's perspective. The logical conclusion is that that Zoroark is N.

- In Black 2/White 2, N leaves his dragon because he believes that the Dragon's duty is to help "humans that seek ideals/truth." After that, he talks about how he's seeking an ideal/truth. Since he's still seeking his ideal/truth, wouldn't that mean that he's leaving the Dragon because he's not a human?

- It makes an alternate explanation for why he can communicate with Pokemon better than most others, because he's one himself.

1) You're dismissing the possibility that N's Zoroark was hiding behind an illusion in that flashback so as to make itself invisible. It's also well known that N has a Zoroark.
2) Or he's leaving the Dragon because he thinks the player character would be a better partner for it.
3) He was found with Pokemon in a forest as a child. He could easily have learned how to speak with them from a young age.

EchoPhoenix posted...
Other, weaker points:
- N's room has "scratch marks from a Pokemon" when you examine his halfpipe. Makes most sense that they're from N himself since he doesn't really carry around Pokemon most of the time.

- His design's like a reverse of a Zoroark. The hairstyle's similar, but Zoroark's dark with a red "ponytail," while N is pale with a green one.

1) Ghetsis brought numerous abused Pokemon to N as he was growing up in an attempt to convince him that Pokemon Trainers are evil. One of them could easily have made the scratch marks.
2) He mostly grew up with Pokemon before Ghetsis found him. Naturally, he didn't behave like a human or know how to act like one.
3) All you have is a similar hairstyle.

Plus, you forgot one key piece of information: no one else from Team Plasma refers to him as a Zoroark. Doubtlessly, at least Ghetsis, or perhaps Anthea and Concordia would've realized he was a Pokemon at some point while he was growing up, and in B2/W2 would have had no reason to keep it a secret. A fully-grown Zoroark might have been able to pull off a long-lasting illusion like that, but such a Zoroark would not have been manipulated so easily by Ghetsis. A young Zorua might have fallen for such manipulation, but likely would have inadvertently broken the illusion by accident at some point.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif