This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Mythbusters: Day 5- The "N is Zoroark" Theory

#11InojiPosted 7/6/2013 12:09:48 AM(edited)
In the anime, a Zoruark can't change into a person it never saw before nor can it mimic the behavior/patterns of said person without staying with him/her for a while. So, I believe that it cannot be N. Even if it could be N, an original N would exist somewhere regardless of said copy since Zoruark would have had to saw him, interact with him, and be with him for a bit in order to copy his behavior/patterns.

For the second weak point: When Ghestis adopted him, Ghestis would only allow him to see pokemon injured by human. He was surrounded by pokemon most of his life. As for the human heart, I'm sure this is referring to his trust/unfriendly attitude toward other human beings due to the mistreat of the pokemon he saw injured by them when brought in. This also counters first point as well.
---
Next Touhou Fighter: Hopeless Masquerade
#12EchoPhoenixPosted 7/6/2013 12:18:31 AM
CharizardFire posted...
1, 2, 3

1) You really don't think that that's a stretch? Nothing suggests that there was a Zoroark in hiding at all.

Why would they make that one different from all the rest of the Memory Links? Every other Memory Link has a someone telling a story about an event involving their lives. Then for just this one circumstance, they have a Zoroark telling a story all about N. No Zoroark is shown in that flashback, the only one who's in there for the whole scene is N. N doesn't refer to any Zoroark in hiding, Zoroark isn't shown or mentioned at all in that scene. Going by the pattern of the rest of the Memory Link scenes, it makes most sense that that Zoroark is N telling a story in his own perspective.

2) You missed the point. This is the exact quote:
N: "And Zekrom/Reshiram...thanks for everything. My journey with you has been truly wonderful! From now on, I want you to use your power to help this Trainer realize his/her dreams. I know. I'll miss you, too... But your task is to help humans who seek ideals/truth. I learned so much from you. I'll do my best to tell everyone else what I learned on my own. I'll be OK! I can talk to Pokémon! I'll become the bridge between Pokémon and Humans! That's my ideal/truth!"

He wants Zekrom/Reshiram to help Nate/Rosa, but specifically says that that's because it's meant to be with humans who seek truth/ideals, not someone like him. His explanation for leaving it make no sense if he's human, because he's still seeking a truth/ideal.

3) Could be. Like, yeah, that's why he can talk to Pokemon. But it doesn't really disprove that he has an easier time because he's a Pokemon himself too. I should've put this in the "weaker points" list, since those ones are ones that I consider to be more based on alternate/split interpretations.

1, 2, 3

1) Sorry, I forgot to mention that the scratch marks are specifically in Black 2/White 2 only, not the original game.

2) See above on my reply #3. Alternate interpretations and such.

3) Parallel design.

Plus, you forgot one key piece of information: no one else from Team Plasma refers to him as a Zoroark. Doubtlessly, at least Ghetsis, or perhaps Anthea and Concordia would've realized he was a Pokemon at some point while he was growing up, and in B2/W2 would have had no reason to keep it a secret. A fully-grown Zoroark might have been able to pull off a long-lasting illusion like that, but such a Zoroark would not have been manipulated so easily by Ghetsis. A young Zorua might have fallen for such manipulation, but likely would have inadvertently broken the illusion by accident at some point.

As mentioned, Ghetsis might've known, going by a one-off quote from him. But the rest of the Plasma members have no business finding out. BW1 makes a huge point of how deceptive the disguise is, with the Zorua and Zoroark scenes, particularly with the Backpacker who isn't even revealed as a Zoroark until the next game.

In B2/W2 he has a reason to keep his human form, because it's the most recognizable to other people he's met (important, considering he wants to see Hilbert/Hilda again, but works for other cases like confronting Ghetsis, etc.). Also, moving about as a human is more convenient, in case a Trainer might try to capture him, or to not cause a ruckus when wanting to ride the Ferris Wheel and such.

Not to mention, I don't see where it's said that a young Zorua would inadvertently have broken the illusion, considering the Zorua boy in Castelia City back in Black 1, who kept it perfect until he chose to drop it. I agree that he was probably a young Zorua when he was taken in, though.
#13EchoPhoenixPosted 7/6/2013 12:18:50 AM
Inoji posted...
In the anime

This part auto-fails, because the game and the show are part of different canon. For example, Mewtwo was created with Team Rocket's help in the anime, but no such reference exists in the games.

For the second weak point: When Ghestis adopted him, Ghestis would only allow him to see pokemon injured by human. He was surrounded by pokemon most of his life. As for the human heart, I'm sure this is referring to his trust/unfriendly attitude toward other human beings due to the mistreat of the pokemon he saw injured by them when brought in. This also counters first point as well.

This is not a counter. Neither of our points outright disprove each other's. Like, do you really not have faith in the writers to have written the script so that it's vague or open-ended enough to be interpreted in more than one way?
#14Hanon623Posted 7/6/2013 12:23:17 AM
If N was a zoroark it'd explain why hilbert and hilda couldn't find him after searching for two years, hiding a pokemon as distinguishable and large as zekrom/reshiram should only be possible through the use of a zoroarks magic.
#15ArcasaurusPosted 7/6/2013 12:34:31 AM
In regards to the memory link thing, i think that in the flashback, N was really in his Zoroark form instead of his Human one, despite what it shows. Either that, or he was using his illusion powers or something, 'cause I don't get how those Team Plasma guys could miss him just by N hiding behind a wall like that.
#16StarFoxFan1Posted 7/6/2013 1:02:27 AM
While there are arguments against it, the memory link is quite hard to argue. Would definitely make an interesting twist.
---
---
Insert signature here.
#17iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 5:54:45 AM
yzman posted...
I think the topics and poll linked to are incorrect. They are not venonat/butterfree.

Sorry about this, I was half asleep and my copy/paste was screwy

This one is correct.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66401816
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#18iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:40:35 PM
BUMP! I'll make a new one tomorrow.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#19SpikeTbearPosted 7/7/2013 5:40:26 AM
Maybe in the next one you could cover the theory that Dragonite and Dragonair had their names switched. After all, Dragon-air makes more sense for the one that flies?

Or, the one where Salamence and Flygon's names were switched. It makes more sense for Bagon and Shelgon, the Pokemon that have been longing to fly their entire lives, to evolve into FLYGON.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#20ArcasaurusPosted 7/7/2013 5:42:54 AM
^ Flygon's Japanese name is Flygon too, so I don't think that's a good one to discuss.