This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Branching Evolutions

#11bd43Posted 7/6/2013 2:59:15 AM(edited)
Beartic and Ursaring should evolve into the same Pokemon.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#12alatreon789Posted 7/6/2013 3:58:42 AM
Digimon much? Also this would make a big difference in what moves pokemon can learn. I hate the ideal.
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
#13jEr3mYPosted 7/6/2013 4:37:39 AM
To everyone in this topic.. NO!!

2 Pokemon evolving into the same (not fusion) Pokemon = stupid idea...

1 Pokemon evolving into two different Pokemon (not at same time) = good idea..

That'd be like turning a television and fridge into two of same product, using only what the device currently has... doesn't make sense...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#14bd43Posted 7/6/2013 6:31:39 AM
jEr3mY posted...

That'd be like turning a television and fridge into two of same product, using only what the device currently has... doesn't make sense...

Two similar Pokemon evolving into one Pokemon is a perfectly fine idea. It enhances multiple breeds at once to an idea where they never have to fully commit to because branching evolutions exist. It's also a chance to increase the mythos of two breeds or to even reflect the very real reality that some creatures have evolved by irregular breeding outside of species, such as Polar Bears current trend in breeding with Brown and Black Bears. It may not make the most sense, but the part by part evolution of species is hardly a real world mechanic.

Plus, a TV has been put in fridges. Different pieces aside.

I like how you include 'not fusion' as a caveat as if fusion is a good idea, when that's genuinely the worst idea you could present.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#15mehmetskiPosted 7/6/2013 7:05:50 AM
is this digimon?
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#16VampLordAdamaruPosted 7/6/2013 7:16:42 AM
mehmetski posted...
is this digimon?

I was kind of thinking the same thing, even without the de-evolution...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#17buszzaw101(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:27:40 AM
mehmetski posted...
is this digimon?

Actually i got the idea from playing Fire Emblem lol. I wasn't aware that Digimon had branching families (had to look that up)

As for those criticizing the move sets of branched pokemon, like i said before, only compatible moves would carry over (much like breeding). It's not like a Magnemite would branch off into a Machamp and the Machamp would carry over Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise, and Explosion. Branching pokemon families would obviously have somewhat similar level up moves (like Poochyena and Houndour)
#18buszzaw101(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:30:52 AM
bd43 posted...
jEr3mY posted...

Two similar Pokemon evolving into one Pokemon is a perfectly fine idea. It enhances multiple breeds at once to an idea where they never have to fully commit to because branching evolutions exist. It's also a chance to increase the mythos of two breeds or to even reflect the very real reality that some creatures have evolved by irregular breeding outside of species, such as Polar Bears current trend in breeding with Brown and Black Bears. It may not make the most sense, but the part by part evolution of species is hardly a real world mechanic.

Plus, a TV has been put in fridges. Different pieces aside.

I like how you include 'not fusion' as a caveat as if fusion is a good idea, when that's genuinely the worst idea you could present.

This guy gets it

*cyber high five*
#19buszzaw101(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 1:43:06 PM
ba-bump