This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hardcover strategy guide on sale for 13 bucks at Amazon .

#11WutengPosted 7/6/2013 11:38:49 AM
TheJester2 posted...
collecting something about how to collect something collectively

---
Max 2380-3218-5410
#12MaplesGrandGMPosted 7/6/2013 11:51:30 AM
TheJester2 posted...
What does being a collector have to do with a hardcover strat guide?

Unless you collect those.

Which is silly, because collecting something about how to collect something is just, uh, weird.

First of all, the very idea of collecting anything to begin with, is weird. Second, who are you to judge what others should/should not collect. I have strategy guides I've never used, the rare occasion that they came wrapped, they're still unopened. Including Final Fantasy VII up through X-2. Most of the Kingdom Hearts guides, and quite a few Pokemon ones as well.
#13FuneralCakePosted 7/6/2013 11:53:52 AM
You know, there is a legitimate reason for getting a strategy guide this time around. Most of the information in the guide isn't going to be available immediately on the internet, so having the guide will give people an edge that other people don't have.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#14Overlord_MMXUPosted 7/6/2013 12:02:15 PM
FuneralCake posted...
You know, there is a legitimate reason for getting a strategy guide this time around. Most of the information in the guide isn't going to be available immediately on the internet, so having the guide will give people an edge that other people don't have.

Pretty much this.

Still surprised to see one in the works and to be released the same day the game comes out. I haven't noticed any brand like prima or bradygames or w/e so i'm thinking this is an official guide book from Nintendo themselves, which would make sense considering there is no other way to go about making a guide of these two games since they don't have an early release/japan first release like the other past games, which means no way of acquiring any legit info for the game to make a guide in the first place. This will be one guide I feel everyone who plans on playing X and Y should get, if they can. I know I will.
---
Saya No Uta-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYTPeZrzuY
Time Hollow-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lnwBLwHfCc
#15FuneralCakePosted 7/6/2013 12:15:02 PM
Even though it's an official guide, it's still bound to be riddled with lots of mistakes. It's pretty much unavoidable.

Also, I won't be getting it. I'd rather play through the game and figure out as much as possible by myself. By the time I'm done, the stuff I don't know about will be on the internet. Still, for the people that absolutely need the information right away, the guide will be very, very helpful.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#16NewportBox100s(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 2:55:01 PM
The guide is a great purchase
---
twitter.com/ChaseBurr last.fm/user/Fire_Thief
youtube.com/user/OmegaWeaponFFVIII
#17PsychoWolfXPosted 7/6/2013 3:00:58 PM
I've never bought a strategy guide in my life and probably never will, but I can definitely see the appeal in collecting them.
I'd personally spend the $14 on Pokemon TCG cards, but to each his own.