This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best typing in battle?

#1iKhanicPosted 7/6/2013 2:52:20 PM
What is the best typing in battle? - Results (53 votes)
Mono Dragon
3.77% (2 votes)
Mono Steel
1.89% (1 votes)
Ghost/Steel
22.64% (12 votes)
Ghost/Fighting
3.77% (2 votes)
Water/Dragon
28.3% (15 votes)
Bug/Steel
5.66% (3 votes)
Steel/Fighting
5.66% (3 votes)
Water/Ground
5.66% (3 votes)
Fire/Dragon
7.55% (4 votes)
Other
15.09% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Reasoning for typings included:
Dragon has several good resistances and few weaknesses. Steel has several resistances. I would include Mono Fighting and Mono Water, but there isn't enough room.

Ghost/Steel- 3 immunities, and has bee talked about quite often as a good typing for Honedge

Ghost/Fighting- 2 immunities and nothing resists it's STAB. Only Normal/Ghost is immune to both of it's STABs. STAB Hi-Jump Kick and Close Combat*

Water/Dragon- Only 1 2x weakness to dragon. Has 2 decent good STAB attacking types

Bug/Steel- Only has 1 4x weakness to fire.

Steel/Fighting- A combination of the best defensive type and best physical offensive type. STAB Hi-Jump Kick and Close Combat*

Water/Ground- Only has 1 4x weakness to grass. Has 2 decent STAB attacking types.

Fire/Dragon- Completely unresisted STAB. STAB Fire Blast, Overheat, Eruption, and Flare Blitz*

*A pokemon with such typing may not have access to all mentioned moves. Strong potential STAB moves from strong attacking types are only mentioned for reference

I'm going to say Water/Dragon here. It's a fantastic defensive type and not a bad offensive type at all.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 3:13:38 PM
Bump!
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#3andrewx72Posted 7/6/2013 3:21:34 PM
Probably Water-Dragon. In the middle between offense and defense.
---
Don't eat blue melons.
Black 2 FC: 2022 7568 3773
#4MagikarpRulesPosted 7/6/2013 3:25:27 PM
I'm not sure.

For offensive bliss, I like Fire/Dragon. Defensively, I think a handful of Steel combos can qualify.

I'll go with Water/Dragon too. It doesn't hurt that it can learn Ice attacks too.
#5_KGC_Posted 7/6/2013 3:26:48 PM
Dark/Ghost for no weaknesses of course.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/HD_70db4f_1159810.jpg
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#6SorceressTharjaPosted 7/6/2013 3:26:57 PM
Water Dragon has a great defensive type, and good offensive STABs. If only Kingdra were better...
#7XazealPosted 7/6/2013 3:27:56 PM
Water/Dragon is just great overall.
#8jayman7Posted 7/6/2013 3:36:49 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
Fire/Dragon- Completely unresisted STAB. STAB Fire Blast, Overheat, Eruption, and Flare Blitz*

*A pokemon with such typing may not have access to all mentioned moves. Strong potential STAB moves from strong attacking types are only mentioned for reference

Fire/Dragon is only completely unresisted if you have something like Turboblaze. Otherwise, Heatran resists it. It's just that the only Fire/Dragon-type in the game does, in fact, have Turboblaze.

Also, if the leak that has so far proved true is true, then Marill now resists this type combo - even Turboblaze doesn't save it. In fact, Fairy/anything resistant to Fire does.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9Cpt_CalamityPosted 7/6/2013 3:32:18 PM
Dragon/Fighting
---
Where is my desk?
#10KillerMechanoidPosted 7/6/2013 3:34:09 PM
In terms of both offense AND defense? Water/Dragon.