This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best typing in battle?

#11iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 3:35:31 PM
jayman7 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Fire/Dragon- Completely unresisted STAB. STAB Fire Blast, Overheat, Eruption, and Flare Blitz*

*A pokemon with such typing may not have access to all mentioned moves. Strong potential STAB moves from strong attacking types are only mentioned for reference

Fire/Dragon is only completely unresisted if you have something like Turboblaze. Otherwise, Heatran resists it. It's just that the only Fire/Dragon-type in the game does, in fact, have Turboblaze.

I'm not including abilities and items in this. In terms of the type chart Fire/Dragon is completely unresisted.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#12jayman7Posted 7/6/2013 3:38:17 PM
iKhanic posted...
jayman7 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Fire/Dragon- Completely unresisted STAB. STAB Fire Blast, Overheat, Eruption, and Flare Blitz*

*A pokemon with such typing may not have access to all mentioned moves. Strong potential STAB moves from strong attacking types are only mentioned for reference

Fire/Dragon is only completely unresisted if you have something like Turboblaze. Otherwise, Heatran resists it. It's just that the only Fire/Dragon-type in the game does, in fact, have Turboblaze.

I'm not including abilities and items in this. In terms of the type chart Fire/Dragon is completely unresisted.

Well, there's still the issue of Fairy's rumored immunity to Dragon. If so, that will become a much easier type combo to resist (Marill does, in fact.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#13iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 3:45:31 PM
jayman7 posted...
iKhanic posted...
jayman7 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Well, there's still the issue of Fairy's rumored immunity to Dragon. If so, that will become a much easier type combo to resist (Marill does, in fact.)

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, but the issue is that we don't know anything for sure about Fairy, so it's best to just keep the discussion about the pre-fairy type chart.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#14SgtCashmerePosted 7/6/2013 3:56:01 PM
Personally, I think Electric.
#15MagikarpRulesPosted 7/6/2013 4:07:32 PM
Well, if we count abilities, obviously Heatran would resist Fire/Dragon STAB if it's not Reshiram. And we'll have to wait to see if Fairy really is resistant or immune to Dragon.
#16mada7Posted 7/6/2013 6:26:26 PM
Ghost/Dark seems like a no brainer for me. No weaknesses and only steel types resist the two stab moves.
---
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
#17zombiabsolPosted 7/6/2013 6:30:01 PM
ice/steel with flash fire

yep.
---
LOL, peace out Defense Of Marriage Act, you wont be missed...at all
aka Absol_Pancham