This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me, or does Honedge seem like a missed opportunity?

#1ChampionRedPosted 7/6/2013 3:00:17 PM
Ghost/steel is supposed to be one of the best defensive type combos right? And they gave it to a possessed sword instead of, say, possessed armor. Assuming they keep the all-ghosts-having-a-unique thing, it seems like they could have done a lot better.
---
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...
#2scrappybristolPosted 7/6/2013 3:02:09 PM
I'm sure Gamefreak cares about your input.
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#3ZTIger5Posted 7/6/2013 3:05:21 PM
What's to say it won't evolve into a possessed suit of armor? It was revealed only recently and there's few details about it.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#4Cheesepower5Posted 7/6/2013 3:07:57 PM
Parrying sword?

It's not, but I doubt that would stop Gamefreak.
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#5NebulaBluePosted 7/6/2013 3:09:49 PM
there will probably be a shield counterpart to honedge with offense-based stats and typing
#6ChampionRed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 3:12:12 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
What's to say it won't evolve into a possessed suit of armor? It was revealed only recently and there's few details about it.

It just seems weird to have a sword turn to armor. While it does seem possible, it just doesn't make sense to me. Besides, such an evolution would likely cause a massive change in stats. sure, stuff like that has been done before, but it makes more sense to have them unrelated.
---
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...
#7MagikarpRulesPosted 7/6/2013 3:15:11 PM
Meh. Not any stranger than Magikarp, Remoraid or Feebas evos (and I don't care what they are based on, it still is out there).
#8AboveTopSecretPosted 7/6/2013 3:26:02 PM(edited)
Missed? They could create as many opportunities as they need to.
---
Salt causes Diabetes.
#9I am a fishPosted 7/6/2013 3:24:07 PM
ChampionRed posted...
ZTIger5 posted...

It just seems weird to have a sword turn to armor. While it does seem possible, it just doesn't make sense to me. Besides, such an evolution would likely cause a massive change in stats. sure, stuff like that has been done before, but it makes more sense to have them unrelated.

Fish evolving into an octopus? Possessed mask evolving into a sarcophagus? Nonsense evolution have happened, and I wouldn't even consider ghost sword > ghost armor all that weird.
---
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Give a fish a man and you feed him for weeks! -ShinyMoogle
#10TwinmoldPosted 7/6/2013 3:35:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought this was a missed opportunity for a haunted armor Pokemon. Hopefully the evolution takes care of that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf