This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone never encountered a shiny?

#21jayman7Posted 7/6/2013 3:25:28 PM
Hughs_Rage posted...
I've encountered at least 22 shinies over the course of my journeys.
This is why you don't use Repels :p

As I already said, nobody uses enough Repels to significantly reduce the number of shinies - they're just that rare. You're just insanely lucky or have been abusing RNG or other shiny-finding tricks (or have played a lot.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#22NINKOjINPosted 7/6/2013 3:26:41 PM
Not counting the "free one" we all know... I've only encountered one in the wild, and it happened twice (two consecutive battles), it was a purple Drowzee. I caught him and was SO EXCITED - then the very next encounter was the same bleeping guy! I knocked him out since I already had the first one.

Never saw any ever again.

But the double encounter makes me wonder if there is a set time/place for each shiny, for a limited time.
---
My other signature is epic.
#23LegendofLink17Posted 7/6/2013 4:48:16 PM
NINKOjIN posted...
Not counting the "free one" we all know... I've only encountered one in the wild, and it happened twice (two consecutive battles), it was a purple Drowzee. I caught him and was SO EXCITED - then the very next encounter was the same bleeping guy! I knocked him out since I already had the first one.

Never saw any ever again.

But the double encounter makes me wonder if there is a set time/place for each shiny, for a limited time.

Of course the time and place matters, it's part of the game's RNG, but it's for a VERY specific time and it's random (hence RANDOM number generator), and you must've been extremely lucky or there was some kind of weird glitch in the game.
---
Black 2 FC: 1851 0539 3947
#24keybladesrusPosted 7/6/2013 5:03:08 PM
Legit shiny? No. I've played R, B, Y, S, C, Ruby, Sapph, E, FR, LG, D, Plt, SS, W, and B2, but I've never seen a shiny that was legit and not scripted. In Emerald, I did use a code to make Rayquaza shiny. God, shiny Rayquaza is awesome...
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
The Official Nox of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
#25Valorous_RolandPosted 7/6/2013 5:04:15 PM
In the wild, I got two: one was an Absol (I was looking for one (even a female one, which I got) at the time, too! No one ever believes me, though. I guess it sounds unlikely, but it's true) and the other was a Geodude.
---
Official President of the The National Association for the Preservation of Manikins (SMT: Nocturne)
#26SulticunePosted 7/6/2013 5:12:30 PM
Played:

Blue (got 150 dex)
Yellow
Crystal
Sapphire
Emerald
Diamond
Platinum
Fire Red
Black

Never seen or hatched a shiny. I look forward to hopefully seeing one in X/Y
---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#27GeneralKenobi85Posted 7/6/2013 5:23:34 PM
Aside from Red Gyarados, nope.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#28DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/6/2013 5:23:57 PM
I've only ever encountered scripted shinies, like GyaraDOS and Gible.
---
If you like Absol then YOU ARE BAD PERSON
#NerfFairies2013
#29Gralla_ABOPosted 7/6/2013 5:32:29 PM
My first and only shiny was a god damn Golbat in Pokemon Gold.
---
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
#30DeliFlatChestPosted 7/6/2013 5:33:07 PM
I played
Y/C/S/E/FR/P

I only saw 2 Shinies that aren't Gyarados in Pearl
---
Megidolaon for everyone!