This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone never encountered a shiny?

#51ArabianPenguinsPosted 7/6/2013 7:46:18 PM
The first that I ever encountered was a shiny Cacturne in Pokemon Pearl (which I used the master ball to capture it). I also caught a shiny Machoke in Pokemon Platinum and a shiny Abra in Pokemon Soul Silver.

I was actually surprised when I saw them considering I had never encountered a shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Blue, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, or Fire Red. That is, unless I encountered one, but failed to recognize it, and instead made it faint or ran away.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#52mrquellPosted 7/6/2013 7:49:04 PM
I have played yellow, fire red, leaf green, ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, pearl, platinum, heart gold, black, white, white 2 and have not seen a single shinny pokemon in my 10 years of playing pokemon
#53shadowysea07Posted 7/6/2013 7:50:36 PM
stupid random number goddess hates me.
---
You are now dressed as the last character you played as. Arogance1~I'm a tetris brick
Professor~ now now perfectly symmetrical violence never solves anything
#54PrinceChickadeePosted 7/6/2013 8:01:31 PM
No, I've gotten lucky quite a few times, but I'm stupid so I always reset my games without trading. For example, one time I got a shiny tepig without even trying, and while I ruined it by using it during the main run of the game, it's blue flames looked awesome. I had a few others too, I believe I had a green Onix at some point, if it's not green forgive me but I had a shiny one, and I also had a digglet with a blue nose(i think)
Then there's that stupid Gyarados in heartgold, but he doesn't count.
The only non scripted shiny I have right now is my Golduck. I caught him back in November last year and ev trained him on July 4th lol
---
RENEWED HUSBAND OF ARIASPLASH!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/RainbowHairedOwain
#55tiduz82Posted 7/6/2013 8:02:16 PM
i have never encountered a wild shiny pokemon. I have played every single generation of pokemon games as well.....
#56sinisterorionPosted 7/6/2013 8:10:40 PM
never gotten one, but then I play this rather casually, even though I have played pretty much every game.
#57evilchimp900Posted 7/6/2013 8:13:54 PM
My first shiny encounter was a Zubat in Diamond. I was training to battle Roark, when it appeared; a green Zubat. I got so excited that I woke up my sister who had been napping, and showed her my DS. She also got excited...but then...

I realized I had no Poke Balls...

Heartbroken, I had to decide to either run from it, or knock it out...and I knocked it out.

Ever since that day, I always make sure to carry Ultra Balls.

Yet, I still wonder about that Zubat that could have been.
#58RikkettikPosted 7/6/2013 8:19:55 PM
I can relate. Twelve years and thousands of hours of pokémon, but I only encountered (and caught) my first random shiny a few months ago. A male Unfezant, so that's pretty cool.
#59MasterCyndaquilPosted 7/6/2013 8:27:50 PM
LOLZ you've never seen shiny red gyarados
---
I am the official Cyndaquil of GameFAQs and the secret board!
Official wife of DynasticAnthony! c; <3
#60thebrawler56Posted 7/6/2013 8:30:45 PM
Besides the arbitrary Gyrados, I've found a shiny Spinda in Emerald about 2 months ago.
---
"Chicken is my 5th favorite fruit! :D" -lenmutt
http://dragcave.net/user/thebrawler56 :p Bandwagons.