This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We need more good bulky fire types

#1iKhanicPosted 7/6/2013 9:03:25 PM
The only Bulky Wall-like fire types I can think of are Ninetales, Magcargo, and Heatran. Ninetales is actually pretty decent at that role, but it's not fully centered around walling. Magcargo has what is arguably the worst defensive type ever, having a 4x weakness to water and ground and a 2x weakness to fighting. Heatran's pretty good at it's job, it's more of a tank than a wall, and we still need more.

This gen we should get a more defensively oriented fire type than Ninetales. A Fire/Water type could fit the bill pretty well.

Something like this could work
Ability: Thick Fat
HP: 95
Atk: 30
Def: 110
Sp. Atk: 95
Sp. Def: 130
Spd: 30
BST: 490
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2scrappybristolPosted 7/6/2013 9:05:53 PM
Torkoal?
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#3Roc_RaidaPosted 7/6/2013 9:07:05 PM
Ho-oh is a pretty good bulky Pokemon in Ubers.
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB
My ass is property of his most superior JEFFHARDYB0YZ
#4iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 9:11:29 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Torkoal?

I did forget Torkoal, but it's HP and Sp. Def stats are lacking.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5RoobitysuPosted 7/8/2013 7:04:53 AM
>Fire-type
>Walling anything

Pick one.
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:06:49 AM
Roobitysu posted...
>Fire-type
>Walling anything

Pick one.

Fire has 5 resistances. 6 if the pokebeach rumor is true
---
#7RoobitysuPosted 7/8/2013 7:08:09 AM
When those resistances are Bug, Fire, Grass, Steel, and Ice, it doesn't mean much.
#8iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:13:16 AM
Roobitysu posted...
When those resistances are Bug, Fire, Grass, Steel, and Ice, it doesn't mean much.

Ice and Fire are the two most common special attacking types. Steel means bullet punch resistance.

Seriously, Fire Type's defensive capabilities are severely underestimated. It's not a fantastic walling type like steel, but it's not that bad.
---
#9SulticunePosted 7/8/2013 7:15:26 AM
iKhanic posted...
Roobitysu posted...
>Fire-type
>Walling anything

Pick one.

Fire has 5 resistances. 6 if the pokebeach rumor is true

True, but it's 3 weaknesses are extremely common in today's metagame. How often do you hear "I have nothing that can hit a Fire-type SE". Most pokemon carry at least 1, sometimes 2 types of attacking moves that can hit Fire for SE.
---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#10paiprPosted 7/8/2013 7:19:14 AM
kinda depressing that to make a fire type bulky you have to combine it with one of the best bulk types water. alas, specially since i think people would consider it another bulky water type more than fire type.

not a bad idea though.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071