This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They should change HMS into Items.

#1agent9149Posted 7/7/2013 7:07:05 PM
I really wish they would exchange HMS for key items. I am tired of wasting move spaces for HMS or being forced to catch a certain type of Pokémon.

The only reasons HMs exist is to provide a way for players to advance in the game by eliminating obstacles put in the game by developers to prevent players from reaching certain areas at different times in the game. Key items can function just as well as HMs.

Instead of cut we can have the key item: Sheers
Instead of surf we can have the key item: Motorized surfboard
Instead of strength we can have the key item: power gloves
Instead of flash we can have the key item: flashlight
Instead of dive we can have the key item: scuba gear
Instead of fly we can have the key item: mini helicopter

We can even give have more obstacles like a high cliff or mountain where the we could use the key item: graphing hook to get up there or across a gorge.

Pokémon have already done this idea in R/S/E where we couldn't access the desert with out the goggles.

And for the current HMs we can have them available as regular TMs.
#2TherianReturnsPosted 7/7/2013 7:09:08 PM
That would be logical. But it's the Pokemon world~
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#3JustinTheJaggedPosted 7/7/2013 7:09:47 PM
That would be wonderful.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#4Dark Young LinkPosted 7/7/2013 7:12:15 PM
TherianReturns posted...
But it's the Pokemon world~

Even master have to learn
They will always find something new ~
---
Sleep? F*** sleep, Toonami is on!!- GenesisSaga
#5paiprPosted 7/7/2013 7:23:38 PM
to surf you need a floatation tube

to fly you need a hang glider

to dive you need scuba gear

to rock smash / cut you need...... well these should just be taken out

to use move heavy objects you need well honestly i think you should just have a pokemon with a certain base attack stat
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#6jimrichardsPosted 7/7/2013 7:29:39 PM
I really wish people would stop suggesting this ridiculous idea. A helicopter? Really? That's even stupider than the jetpack people always suggest. The point of HMs is to restrict your progress, yes, but it's also to reinforce the idea that people and Pokémon coexist, in that each needs the other to become stronger.

If you really want to get rid of HMs (which really aren't that big a deal anyway, you whiny babies; lrn2partymanagement) the how about championing the vastly superior "Inherent Abilities" method? Allow me to explain.

We know already that X Pokémon can perform Y HM move outside of battle. Instead of tying the usage of that out of battle ability to the in battle ability (e.g. the ability to cross water with the move, Surf), separate them into independent skills. All of the HM moves would become just regular moves; some possibly TMs, some probably not, all deleteable/replaceable at any time like any other attack.

As for the out of battle abilities, they would be listed separately as "Field Skills" or something to that effect. Instead of certain NPCs giving you an HM, they instead "teach" you how to perform that skill with any compatible Pokémon at any time. This is especially effective now that HM use isn't tied to Badge acquisition.

So, instead of recieving HM03, replacing one of your Blastoise's moves with Surf, needing to get the Soul Badge and having to have Blastoise with you to use it, you would simply "learn" the Field Skill of Surf, and provided you had any Pokémon capable of Surfing with you, you could do it whenever and wherever you like.
---
I would prefer to be known as BlackWaltzTheThird, or just Waltz for short.
Got Animal Crossing? Join today! http://www.esoevil.com/forums/index.php
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 7/7/2013 7:45:22 PM
No. We should get a jetpack for Fly.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#8AccrovideogamesPosted 7/7/2013 7:45:56 PM
I'm confused, first TC talks about HMS, and there's no such thing as that in Pokémon, then he starts talking about HMs. Anyway, I have the feeling that HMs will finally be removed in favor of Pokémon Transportation. You will be able to ride on Rhyhorn, and probably others, to navigate in rocky areas and smash rocks; this is obviously replacing Rock Smash and Rock Climb.

The rest is speculation but I believe that you will be able to ride on Lapras, and most likely others, to sail on water. I also think that you won't need to teach your ridable Pokémon Surf, Rock Smash or Rock Climb to do this. If you think that's even more limited, I believe that Pokémon used for rides can be loaned, for example there could be various Fly Stations that you can use to fly between cities. I also get the feeling that after a certain point in the game, your parents will allow you to use your family's Rhyhorn during your adventure.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#9DarkDragon386Posted 7/7/2013 8:17:32 PM
jimrichards posted...
I really wish people would stop suggesting this ridiculous idea. A helicopter? Really? That's even stupider than the jetpack people always suggest. The point of HMs is to restrict your progress, yes, but it's also to reinforce the idea that people and Pokémon coexist, in that each needs the other to become stronger.

If you really want to get rid of HMs (which really aren't that big a deal anyway, you whiny babies; lrn2partymanagement) the how about championing the vastly superior "Inherent Abilities" method? Allow me to explain.

We know already that X Pokémon can perform Y HM move outside of battle. Instead of tying the usage of that out of battle ability to the in battle ability (e.g. the ability to cross water with the move, Surf), separate them into independent skills. All of the HM moves would become just regular moves; some possibly TMs, some probably not, all deleteable/replaceable at any time like any other attack.

As for the out of battle abilities, they would be listed separately as "Field Skills" or something to that effect. Instead of certain NPCs giving you an HM, they instead "teach" you how to perform that skill with any compatible Pokémon at any time. This is especially effective now that HM use isn't tied to Badge acquisition.

So, instead of recieving HM03, replacing one of your Blastoise's moves with Surf, needing to get the Soul Badge and having to have Blastoise with you to use it, you would simply "learn" the Field Skill of Surf, and provided you had any Pokémon capable of Surfing with you, you could do it whenever and wherever you like.

I know right.

Next people are going to suggest stuffing the SS Anne into your pack and using it to surf.

HMs are not a big deal at all.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#10agent9149(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 9:22:17 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
No. We should get a jetpack for Fly.

Jet packs sound great. Sounds better than mini helicopter