This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible second new type?

#1BlackBloodDragoPosted 7/7/2013 10:46:14 PM
I get the feeling that there is going to be a second new type not yet announced. Ill tell you why but please bear in mind that this is all speculation.

Going to make it short and sweet.

-First gen happens, Pokemon is born.
-Second gen happens, two new types have been introduced to try and balance out the metagame.
-fast forward.
-Fifth gen, introduced as a semi-re-boot and made around the idea of recreating the atmosphere of the first Pokemon game.
-Sixth gen, introduces a new type to help balance the meta game.

Again, keep in mind that its just speculation, we just have circumstantial evidence, nothing concrete enough. Now assuming Gamfreak wants to follow in the steps of the previous generation, we can assume a likely second new type not yet revealed.

Yet again, this is just speculation/hypothetical. Also to those who just want to jump in and say this is impossible please remember that their is ALWAYS a possibility, even if we don't like it.

So what do you guys think about this or the possibility of a new type?
---
FC: 3480-3950-4456 Official Arcanine Master of Pokemon X/Y
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers
#2jneal57Posted 7/7/2013 10:47:49 PM
could happen. i wouldn't mind. though it seems odd that it would be announced separately from fairy
---
:3 kitty kitty
#3WindyligthPosted 7/7/2013 10:48:24 PM
Probs not, cause lolsound.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#4nightblade_hawkPosted 7/7/2013 11:00:38 PM
The only Pokemon whose Type we don't know yet are Xerneas and Yveltal and to me neither of them looks like a New Type, so probably not.
#5MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/7/2013 11:03:15 PM
I actually wouldn't mind if "Echo" type was real and if the rumor about Yveltal being blind is legit, there is a very slim chance of it happening.

/inb4Noiverm (yeah, you can argue about the same for Zubat line)
---
^_^
#6Firemaster5Posted 7/7/2013 11:17:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
---
Official Sisyphus of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
''Slmming. When trolling just won't do.''~shiro_amayagi
#7Arne83Posted 7/7/2013 11:28:24 PM
I don't think so. I mean... yeah, it could happen... but right now, it doesn't seem likely.

Then again, I said the exact same thing back before Fairy was revealed... so what the hell do I know?
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#8The_Undying_84Posted 7/8/2013 12:59:07 AM
The only reason I think there's still a chance of it is Xerneas and Yveltal's types still being a secret. And in a much longer shot, lack of a second Eeveelution. Don't know why they wouldn't just reveal the legendaries types if neither are new types, it could be that Xerneas is Fairy (explaining why they didn't reveal it from the start) and just haven't addressed him since Fairy was revealed, and it's a fairly reasonable guess that Yveltal would have a new type to pair with him if that's the case. The same thing with Eeveelution, if there is a second one it would seem reasonable that it also be a new type.

However the way they highlighted the symmetry of having an even amount of types in the Fairy reveal trailer heavily implies there won't be another type, which is a shame, because I don't like Fairy and would like to actually be excited about a new type.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#9fuzi11Posted 7/8/2013 1:36:49 AM
they already would have anounced a sencond type at e3 if there was one. Or the leaks would have leaked one. But alas: no.
#10SgtCashmerePosted 7/8/2013 2:05:49 AM
I don't think a second type will be introduced this gen. Game Freak would have started marketing it by now.