This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible second new type?

#21BlackBloodDrago(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 6:56:57 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
BlackBloodDrago posted...
Xerneas66 posted...
iirc the strategy guide on Amazon only mentioned the Fairy type. If there were 2, it would've said something along the lines of 'Type chart of both the Fairy and *insert other type here*!', whereas it only talks about the Fairy type.

So that means it is unlikely we could see another new type, plus there was only the Fairy type that was leaked

This isn't solid enough though, just because something isn't mentioned to exist doesn't mean it actually doesn't exist. Gamefreak has control over the info they reveal, if they don't want amazon saying there's a second new type, then amazon won't be saying there is a second new type.

It's a strategy guide that revealed a feature we have yet to have even heard about (Super Training). It's going to contain all the information of a game, and if there had been a second type, it would have been listed alongside Fairy. That's pretty damn conclusive.

It really isn't conculsive because it doesn't disprove anything, if gamefreak wants to keep something a secret then they will.
---
FC: 3480-3950-4456 Official Arcanine Master of Pokemon X/Y
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers
#22yzmanPosted 7/8/2013 10:33:10 PM
Xerneas66 posted...
iirc the strategy guide on Amazon only mentioned the Fairy type. If there were 2, it would've said something along the lines of 'Type chart of both the Fairy and *insert other type here*!', whereas it only talks about the Fairy type.

So that means it is unlikely we could see another new type, plus there was only the Fairy type that was leaked

This isn't solid enough though, just because something isn't mentioned to exist doesn't mean it actually doesn't exist. Gamefreak has control over the info they reveal, if they don't want amazon saying there's a second new type, then amazon won't be saying there is a second new type.

It's a strategy guide that revealed a feature we have yet to have even heard about (Super Training). It's going to contain all the information of a game, and if there had been a second type, it would have been listed alongside Fairy. That's pretty damn conclusive.

It really isn't conculsive because it doesn't disprove anything, if gamefreak wants to keep something a secret then they will.

You are just being naive and hopeful now. They couldn't even keep fairy type a secret.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#23NightinanglePosted 7/8/2013 11:21:12 PM
SirPierce posted...
While I want another type (and fully agree with this being the 'new' second gen based on them referring to fifth gen as a reboot and having MANY similarities to first gen)...I don't see it happening. Not for any of the reasons listed, but because of how Fairy was revealed.

They positioned the type listing perfectly so that the addition of Fairy would fill in the only empty slot and make the chart whole again. I just think that if there were another new type, there would have still been an empty slot on their chart.

But, I could be wrong. We will have to wait and see.

P.S. It will not be sound or echo or anything of the sort. We got a bat-like Pokemon with giant speakers for ears, 'noise' in its name, and a move based on sound...and it is a Flying / Dragon. If sound or echo were happening, they would have been revealed with Noivern like how they used Sylveon to reveal the Fairy Type.

...I made a whole dialogue, and you totally disregard it. Seriously nobody believes me when I tell them "watch, I will be totally ignored"
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://i.imgur.com/YHNFMLG.png
I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7. Because, you know. Sound waves....and...sonic booms.
#24SuperSonicDBZPosted 7/9/2013 12:01:34 AM
fuzi11 posted...
they already would have anounced a sencond type at e3 if there was one. Or the leaks would have leaked one. But alas: no.

I am thinking this. Even if the former is out (because Nintendo wasn't feeling E3 this year) the latter would have happened by now I think. I'd love to be wrong but with the fairy type, the # of types is at a pretty even number. :) Game is at a total of 18 types.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#25BlackBloodDrago(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 12:25:22 AM
yzman posted...
You are just being naive and hopeful now. They couldn't even keep fairy type a secret.

No, I'm not. I know better than to get my hopes up. I also know better than to just disregard any possibilty of it happening just like almost the entire pokemon fanbase who then learned the painful truth that is fairy type. Its more naive to think it won't happen at all than it is to accept the possibility of it actually happening. I'm just being realistic, and the reality of it is that their is a chance of a not yet revealed type, no matter how small that chance is. Any pokemon fan should understand this after fairy type happened.
---
FC: 3480-3950-4456 Official Arcanine Master of Pokemon X/Y
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers
#26bd43Posted 7/9/2013 2:13:38 AM
Except they'd have revealed them at the same time.

There's a difference between keeping secrets and not revealing everything. If it was a major breakthrough like a second type, it wouldn't be productive to keep it.

They had a goal with Fairy type. They accomplished it. Back when Steel and Dark type were revealed, there wasn't much work there to make them work. They should have maybe done a bit more, but 0 and 2 of 151 wasn't even that far behind some of the Gen 1 Types. With Fairy, they're going to have to scout out 20-25 previous pokemon to make it seem 'okay'. They can't do that with 2 types at a time. Even if the second type is an easy addition.

To enhance, the Eevee logic is bogus. Just ask Steel type. A second Eeveelution wouldn't be a second new type even if there were 5 new types.

And the legenaries often have their type withheld for some time. But in this case, when the two are probably very different types, it's more fun to hide.

If there was a second type, we'd know it. Maybe not all of the details, but details. And it's just not necessary right now when the single new type allows for an alteration of the base type chart if they'd like to cover any lingering issue. They likely won't, but that's another story.Hell, if they wanted to change older pokemons typings, they can do THAT without adding a new type.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#27SirPiercePosted 7/9/2013 7:28:30 AM
Nightinangle posted...
SirPierce posted...
While I want another type (and fully agree with this being the 'new' second gen based on them referring to fifth gen as a reboot and having MANY similarities to first gen)...I don't see it happening. Not for any of the reasons listed, but because of how Fairy was revealed.

They positioned the type listing perfectly so that the addition of Fairy would fill in the only empty slot and make the chart whole again. I just think that if there were another new type, there would have still been an empty slot on their chart.

But, I could be wrong. We will have to wait and see.

P.S. It will not be sound or echo or anything of the sort. We got a bat-like Pokemon with giant speakers for ears, 'noise' in its name, and a move based on sound...and it is a Flying / Dragon. If sound or echo were happening, they would have been revealed with Noivern like how they used Sylveon to reveal the Fairy Type.

...I made a whole dialogue, and you totally disregard it. Seriously nobody believes me when I tell them "watch, I will be totally ignored"

I didn't disregard or ignore it. I thought it was clever and laughed at it...just didn't think it was relevant to my post.
---
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#28NightinanglePosted 7/9/2013 10:10:44 AM
Oh. Well that is sweet. But I also just lost some more proof.
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://i.imgur.com/YHNFMLG.png
I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7. Because, you know. Sound waves....and...sonic booms.
#29Montymole11Posted 7/9/2013 10:34:32 AM
I get the feeling that there is going to be a second new type not yet announced. Ill tell you why but please bear in mind that this is all speculation.

Going to make it short and sweet.

-First gen happens, Pokemon is born.
-Second gen happens, two new types have been introduced to try and balance out the metagame.
-fast forward.
-Fifth gen, introduced as a semi-re-boot and made around the idea of recreating the atmosphere of the first Pokemon game.
-Sixth gen, introduces a new type to help balance the meta game.

Again, keep in mind that its just speculation, we just have circumstantial evidence, nothing concrete enough. Now assuming Gamfreak wants to follow in the steps of the previous generation, we can assume a likely second new type not yet revealed.

Yet again, this is just speculation/hypothetical. Also to those who just want to jump in and say this is impossible please remember that their is ALWAYS a possibility, even if we don't like it.

So what do you guys think about this or the possibility of a new type?

I think that Emerald was also a reboot.
---
Official Chespin of the XY Boards.
#30edwardsharpePosted 7/9/2013 10:43:51 AM
Doesn't seem too likely but you never know.
---
Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day