This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to admit, Gen V introduced some awesome fire types

#1iKhanicPosted 7/8/2013 7:02:49 AM
Even though it did introduce the bacon and ugly moth lines, it also brought us Victini, Chandelure, Heatmor, and Reshiram, all among the coolest Fire types ever introduced. Darmanitan is kind of in the middle for me.

I would go as far as to say Gen V beats out Gen I in fire types. Gen 1 did have Charizard, but aside from Charizard, the Fire types were kind of meh.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2paiprPosted 7/8/2013 7:08:14 AM
aww dont for get darumaka and darmanitan. i really liked these two. course darumaka needs another normal ability as i hated using hustle till level 35. and then if i used a hidden ability darumaka id end up with zen mode darmanitan, which is a neat idea, but not really how i want to use my darmanitan most of the time.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#3javel34Posted 7/8/2013 7:14:55 AM
But they also introduced heatmor. So it evens out.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#4iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:20:59 AM
javel34 posted...

Heatmor is one of the coolest Pokemon ever. Look at its shiny form, then you will see.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5javel34Posted 7/8/2013 7:22:29 AM
iKhanic posted...
javel34 posted...

Heatmor is one of the coolest Pokemon ever. Look at its shiny form, then you will see.

Durant the steel/bug (dat 4x SE damage) Pokemon eats them for lunch.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#6Solar_CrimsonPosted 7/8/2013 7:23:15 AM
Volcarona is awesome.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:24:13 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...
Volcarona is awesome.

False. Espeon and Sunflora are better sun Pokemon.
---
#8Rogue MuttPosted 7/8/2013 7:45:22 AM
iKhanic posted...
I would go as far as to say Gen V beats out Gen I in fire types. Gen 1 did have Charizard, but aside from Charizard, the Fire types were kind of meh.

Respectfully disagree. Never understood Chandelure's appeal, Darmanitan looks ridiculous, and Reshiram and Victiniy are okay. Heatmor's design is decent (even if the pokemon is terrible), but Volcarona is probably my favorite.

I'd put it before IV (otherwise known as the Gen that hated Fire types) and probably III, but definitely after II and then way behind Gen I. Arcanine, Charizard, Ninetales, Magmar, Ho-Oh, Houndoom, Typhlosion, and Rapidash are better designs in my opinion.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#9ssj4warriorPosted 7/8/2013 7:47:28 AM
iKhanic posted...
Even though it did introduce the bacon and ugly moth lines, it also brought us Victini, Chandelure, Heatmor, and Reshiram, all among the coolest Fire types ever introduced. Darmanitan is kind of in the middle for me.

I would go as far as to say Gen V beats out Gen I in fire types. Gen 1 did have Charizard

Ding ding ding, another winner!
---
Mentions of Cloyster - 481
Number of 56th posts stolen - 142
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:54:12 AM
Rogue Mutt posted...
iKhanic posted...

Respectfully disagree. Never understood Chandelure's appeal, Darmanitan looks ridiculous, and Reshiram and Victiniy are okay. Heatmor's design is decent (even if the pokemon is terrible), but Volcarona is probably my favorite.

I'd put it before IV (otherwise known as the Gen that hated Fire types) and probably III, but definitely after II and then way behind Gen I. Arcanine, Charizard, Ninetales, Magmar, Ho-Oh, Houndoom, Typhlosion, and Rapidash are better designs in my opinion.

The thing about Gen 1 is that I actually dislike most of it's fully evolved fire types. I've always hated Arcanine for reasons unbeknownst to even me, Ninetales and Rapidash were disappointing after really cool looking first stages, and IMO Magmar is the 2nd ugliest pokemone ever created after Garbodor.

I love Gen 2's fire types but there weren't as many. But it's really not a surprise because I like every design from Gen 2 but Dunsparce and the Feraligatr line.
---