This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would it be terrible if auto save was introduced?

#11Mikey_RPosted 7/8/2013 7:27:06 AM
No. I don't want it to save every time I enter a house, or every time I heal my pokemon at the pokecentre, there is no reason for it. If you can't be bothered to save/forget to, then it's your own fault.

Also, what happens if you manage to get the game to auto save and it powers down, you could risk losing your save game. Or, if you happen to be in the middle of a cave with nowhere where it would auto save, you are screwed. If it saved every time you entered a new area, it would get annoying fast.

There is no reason for auto saving that won't be either annoying or redundant. So there is no point.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#12bararad13Posted 7/8/2013 7:30:16 AM
it adds nothing and will get really annoying really fast so why bother?
#13paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 8:30:41 AM
Mikey_R posted...
No. I don't want it to save every time I enter a house, or every time I heal my pokemon at the pokecentre, there is no reason for it. If you can't be bothered to save/forget to, then it's your own fault.

Also, what happens if you manage to get the game to auto save and it powers down, you could risk losing your save game. Or, if you happen to be in the middle of a cave with nowhere where it would auto save, you are screwed. If it saved every time you entered a new area, it would get annoying fast.

There is no reason for auto saving that won't be either annoying or redundant. So there is no point.

i love logic that goes both ways. cant be bothered to save/forget to its your own fault.

go into a cave when your battery is that low, its your own fault.

also if they could make auto save active when ever you enter a new area or maybe even when you open your bag then it wouldnt slow the game, as well as give people a chance to force the auto save in a dire time like low battery.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#14LexifoxPosted 7/8/2013 8:34:24 AM
I would only be fine with this if it were something you could disable. Having auto-saves in games where you only get one save file is always risky because there's issues like "I had one Pokemon left and the game saved in the middle of a cave" or what have you.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod