This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else always reset if all your Pokemon fainted?

#21pokemon2pokerPosted 7/8/2013 9:29:50 PM
Lame
---
A+E
#22DarkDragon386Posted 7/9/2013 2:31:43 AM
Nope.

I'm not gonna be one of those people that go "I never lose to a NPC cause I'm just too good." but, I take the loss and experience. Especially how in Gen 3, the money wagers were changed to your levels and I would lose like 6000 at most. Not that big a deal when I have hundreds of thousands of Pokemoney.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#23MaetchPosted 7/9/2013 9:49:27 AM(edited)
To answer the question, only when fighting Gym Leaders or Elites. If I lose to a random NPC, I'll accept the money loss as opposed to restarting from three hours ago.

-Unowninator- posted...
Luigi player posted...
sometimes I think I reset if it made me lose too much money. but that was only in GSC days...

Wait, you lost money if you lost in those games? I always thought that was introduced in Firered & Leafgreen?

In the earliest games (up to R/S/E), you lost half of your entire wallet if all your Pokémon fainted. From FR/LG onward, you just lose a small chunk of cash based on how high your Pokémon levels are.
#24PT_PiranhaPosted 7/9/2013 9:36:55 AM
I am childish and hate to lose.

Except now I know enough about Pokemon to avoid heading into a battle I can't win. The only time I could see myself doing that now is during the Elite 4, mostly for convenience reasons.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of GameFAQs-
#25PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/9/2013 9:45:33 AM
I don't think I ever did. I only reset if I EV trained wrong and don't have the berries to fix it, or I have few berries at all.

If talking about link battles, then hell no, and knew people that did and wouldn't play with them if they did that crap.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)