This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does thinking fairy is girly make you insecure and immature?

#71SpinKirbyPosted 7/8/2013 7:02:43 PM
Lexifox posted...
SpinKirby posted...
Lexifox, I can only assume you're trying to be difficult or you just refuse to take correction because its the Internet and there's nothing I can do about it.

All my opinions aside I can only tell you and everyone else this.

This is a game forum.
This is a forum for discussing Pokemon X.
This is not a forum for discussing controversial issues that can be found in basically everything.
"Fairy" isn't an exclusive term to Pokemon X and neither is "girly".

These topics, as a rule, are about the game and generally focused on the Fairy type. No one is talking about equal rights for the Fairy-type Pokemon and no one is talking about letting Fairy Pokemon have the same rights to be in the day care with other Pokemon. These are generally about people who are complaining that the Fairy type is stupid, or bad, or what have you. I apologize if you are reading into them.

Discussing why people have issues with the words specifically does not pertain to Pokemon X and is in violation of the rules for being off-topic.

If people are discussing it within context of Pokemon, then it is not, in fact, off-topic.

Now, if you really have vendetta against me, you can report me for "mini-modding", because I'm guilty of that. That doesn't give you justification to continue commenting in this thread, unless you imply that you've been contradictory to me for the sake of argument, which is indeed subtle flaming.

Simply, you can also say you don't really care what I say and I can't argue with that.

I honestly don't care about "mini-modding". I just think you are getting worked up and reading too much into something.

You win.

If anyone else wants a shot, they can take it.

Also, typing formally doesn't mean I'm angry or worked up. It does mean I'm taking a point seriously, and it sounds like you aren't, but hey this is POKEMON.

I bid you adieu.
#72LexifoxPosted 7/8/2013 7:03:03 PM
I accept your concession.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#73AccrovideogamesPosted 7/8/2013 7:03:05 PM
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
You're not gonna see those guys who think "fairy's aren't girly" wear a fairy costume to a halloween party. So they are just BSing and trying to act like they are level-headed and open minded compared to the rest of us.

Nonsense, I say that fairies are not girly and I wore several different fairy disguises in the past. One of them was based on the Dullahan, one was based on the Grim Reaper and another was based on a generic ghost.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#74LightningHawk90Posted 7/8/2013 7:03:43 PM
This topic just needs to stop.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#75mini_linkPosted 7/8/2013 7:11:05 PM
Look. The Fairy type is girly. There is nothing we can do about that currently. It is girly.

All of the current pokemon revealed for the Fairy type are ones that would be perceived as cute or feminine in society.

The word 'Fairy' itself carries a very 'girly' connotation in our society. Talk to most boys and they will associate the word 'fairy' with 'girly'.

Thinking that the Fairy type is girly is perfectly okay. Debating about whether or not it is girly is okay.

Calling people's arguments stupid is not okay.
---
"The greatest honor that one can attain in GameFaqs is to be quoted in a signature." -mini_link
#76SpinKirbyPosted 7/8/2013 7:16:12 PM
mini_link posted...
Look. The Fairy type is girly. There is nothing we can do about that currently. It is girly.

All of the current pokemon revealed for the Fairy type are ones that would be perceived as cute or feminine in society.

The word 'Fairy' itself carries a very 'girly' connotation in our society. Talk to most boys and they will associate the word 'fairy' with 'girly'.

Thinking that the Fairy type is girly is perfectly okay. Debating about whether or not it is girly is okay.

Calling people's arguments stupid is not okay.

Go to car forum.
Go to the tire section.
Discuss the ethics of people using fossil fuel or truckers who illegally dump tires.
You see the problem?