This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rearrange the stats of a fully evolved pokemon in PU

#11iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 3:54:10 AM
Faust_8 posted...

P.S. Some of the above posters...are not following the rules. You can't change the values of the base stats, you can only switch them around. As in, I had 165, 97, 65, 60, 58, and 50 to work with. I couldn't change those numbers, only where they were PLACED.

Huh? No. You can change the numbers all you want. Just the BST must be the same.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#12ScizoreonPosted 7/9/2013 4:17:43 AM
Old Pidgeot
HP: 83
Att: 80
Def: 75
SpA: 70
SpD: 70
Spe: 91
BST: 469

New Pidgeot
HP: 93
Att: 106
Def: 60
SpA: 30
SpD: 60
Spe: 120
BST: 469
#13Block_Man_XPosted 7/9/2013 5:04:56 AM(edited)
Alakazam
HP - 55 (same)
Attack - 5
Defense - 10
S ATK - 180
Sp DF - 120
Speed - 120
Alakazam already couldn't take a physical hit from anything physical anyways, and its not like he would ever use that attack stat.
Oh I mis understood the question. I will pick a PU ( I didn't even know what this was untill now) character and do it again.
Luxray
HP- 80
Attack - 120
Defense - 89
Sp ATK - 30
Sp DF - 89
Speed - 115
There. Now Luxray is probably the best physical Electric type sweeper. He also can take a little more hits. Luxray already has a pretty good move pool, since he can learn all of the fang moves. I think with a move set like wild charge (STAB), Ice fang (for ground types and Dragons)
Crunch (Its his most powerful non stab move), And for his last move you can put in a lot of things. Fire fang for more coverage, Substitute, Roar or thunder wave.
---
PSN-block-man-x / SSF4 Mains Vega/ MVC3 Cptn America Akuma zero/Dante Wolverine sentinel. SFxT: Vega
#14deadpool848Posted 7/9/2013 5:29:00 AM
Whiscash
HP - 110
Atk - 78
Def - 73
Sp.Atk - 76
Sp.Def - 71
Speed - 60

My Whiscash
Hp - 110
Atk - 45
Def - 100
Sp.Atk - 55
Sp.Def - 100
Speed - 58

I just felt whiscash belonged in the tanky department.
Something like this setup - Leftovers with Rest, can use either SleepTalk or Snore. And have Earth Power and Hydro Pump for a little offense. He still probably wouldnt be used anyway though XD.
#15Faust_8Posted 7/9/2013 8:03:21 AM
iKhanic posted...
Faust_8 posted...

P.S. Some of the above posters...are not following the rules. You can't change the values of the base stats, you can only switch them around. As in, I had 165, 97, 65, 60, 58, and 50 to work with. I couldn't change those numbers, only where they were PLACED.

Huh? No. You can change the numbers all you want. Just the BST must be the same.

...Then why did you say "only rearrange the numbers"? I even (mistakenly, apparently) corrected someone and he agreed with my correction...

If that's what you wanted, then you should have simply said "change their base stats all you want, just keep the same total" or some variant thereof. And frankly, I find that more boring than what I was doing; changing the stats with no restrictions besides BST can make anything broken. Just take everything away from a stat it doesn't need to one it does. (As in, take away all its Attack or Sp. Attack, whichever it needs least, and put it something it can really use.)

Or, take away everything except a pittance in HP and put it ALL in offense and Speed.

Rampardos:

HP: 50
Att: 290
Def: 5
Sp.Att: 5
Sp.Def: 5
Spd: 140

Same BST. It won't survive anything but you'll never get an attack off unless you have priority or something very fast with a Choice Scarf.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#16iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 8:05:41 AM
Faust_8 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Faust_8 posted...

...Then why did you say "only rearrange the numbers"? I even (mistakenly, apparently) corrected someone and he agreed with my correction...

If that's what you wanted, then you should have simply said "change their base stats all you want, just keep the same total" or some variant thereof. And frankly, I find that more boring than what I was doing; changing the stats with no restrictions besides BST can make anything broken. Just take everything away from a stat it doesn't need to one it does. (As in, take away all its Attack or Sp. Attack, whichever it needs least, and put it something it can really use.)

Or, take away everything except a pittance in HP and put it ALL in offense and Speed.

Rampardos:

HP: 50
Att: 290
Def: 5
Sp.Att: 5
Sp.Def: 5
Spd: 140

Same BST. It won't survive anything but you'll never get an attack off unless you have priority or something very fast with a Choice Scarf.

I mean, you can do that too. I probably should have made restrictions on how low you could make the lowest stat, but what's done is done.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#17Faust_8Posted 7/9/2013 11:56:01 AM
Granted I just remembered you can't have a base stat over 255. But yeah, you need more restrictions than "don't change the BST."

Rearranging them is rather fun because it takes more thought and strategy.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#18DarkDragon386Posted 7/9/2013 12:15:33 PM
Faust_8 posted...
Granted I just remembered you can't have a base stat over 255. But yeah, you need more restrictions than "don't change the BST."

Then put that 45 in speed and it's absolutely broken except for priority.

I'll agree. Taking all of the off stat and putting it to speed or the good attack stat is kind of a copout.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#19iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 12:20:15 PM
Faust_8 posted...

It does, but this is GameFAQs we are talking about. It needs to be quick and easy enough that people don't pass it over.
---