This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those of you who have seen the Final Fantasy fanbase

#11PT_PiranhaPosted 7/8/2013 11:37:17 PM
Final Fantasy fans hate every new game and will boo them right out of the gate.

For Pokemon, it's only parts of the fanbase that do that.

Final Fantasy "wins".
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of GameFAQs-
#12GoGoatPosted 7/9/2013 1:19:29 AM
Guys, guys, guys...every fanbase is a piece of crap.

Except Kirby. Those guys are just happy to get another game.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
#13EnferolunosPosted 7/9/2013 1:31:27 AM
GoGoat posted...
Guys, guys, guys...every fanbase is a piece of crap.

Except Kirby. Those guys are just happy to get another game.

Lol
Kirby getting more games
Good joke
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#14bd43Posted 7/9/2013 1:39:36 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
bd43 posted...
FF is worse. Can't respect the need for games to change.

This statement amuses me on a Pokemon board, a series that blows FF away sales wise and has hardly changed at all ever.

FF has changed for the worst, Pokemon's policy of not changing at all, while boring, is better than making games worse just for the sake of change.

FF hasn't changed for the worst - It just changed. It didn't *HAVE* to change, but people wanted the same thing and there wasn't much they wanted to do or add with that so they changed. Every change was fitting and made sense, but fans are all uptight because it's more real time.

But at the end of the day, that's the entire point. Even if you DON'T like the changes, the fanbase sits down and has their day with it. Comparing gens is always short and falls to three or four ideas.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#15ssj4warriorPosted 7/9/2013 1:46:59 AM
I'd say the FF fanbase is worse. With the FF games mostly being completely different with regards to the world, the characters, the story and even the gameplay, opinions run rampant on which is better/worse than the other. Pokemon, while it also has plenty of differences between generations, the core gameplay remains the same and that is why it's calmer here.
---
Mentions of Cloyster - 481
Number of 56th posts stolen - 142
#16The_Undying_84Posted 7/9/2013 1:52:58 AM
bd43 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
bd43 posted...

This statement amuses me on a Pokemon board, a series that blows FF away sales wise and has hardly changed at all ever.

FF has changed for the worst, Pokemon's policy of not changing at all, while boring, is better than making games worse just for the sake of change.

FF hasn't changed for the worst - It just changed. It didn't *HAVE* to change,

But you just said the problem with FF fans is not respecting the need to change....

If it didn't HAVE (AKA need) to change then the need for change didn't actually exist and therefore doesn't need to be respected.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#17bd43Posted 7/9/2013 4:22:23 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
bd43 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
bd43 posted...

FF hasn't changed for the worst - It just changed. It didn't *HAVE* to change,

But you just said the problem with FF fans is not respecting the need to change....

If it didn't HAVE (AKA need) to change then the need for change didn't actually exist and therefore doesn't need to be respected.

I did say that. They felt they needed to change. They weren't wrong. But they could have sold games like before as well and been fine. I like how you assume business is so simple that a choice in what is deemed necessary is equivalent to a good idea.

AS for whether or not it has to be respected, it does if you're going to keep playing the game. If you've bought gens 3, 4, and 5 but hate every single new pokemon design, then you shouldn't say a word of gen VI if you plan to play.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#18ElectricNovaPosted 7/9/2013 4:25:16 AM
FF's is worse.

Far worse.

But that's because every single game has it's own fanbase, and when they mix up flame wars ensue.

Keep each game's fanbase separated and the people who like each game will be happy.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#19avechaPosted 7/9/2013 4:26:56 AM
I'm a huge XIII series fan (and VIII, X, X-2). You guys are a lot better than the XIII boards.

The XIII boards are shocking. I can only spend a few minutes in there at a time.

Funny part is, they all bash the games. New info is posted and they feed on it for 5 minutes then back to bashing the games. I can't make any sense of them.

I'd love to be a moderator for that board alone, just to clean it up a bit.
---
http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1812169/
#20R1nPosted 7/9/2013 4:27:03 AM
Well, here on gamefaqs they both seem similar to me, lol. But really, FF fanbase is a lot more divided and whatnot. That can't really be helped since each FF game is so different, unlike Pokemon games which are pretty much the same just upgraded with each entry.
---
Mega Man is my hero.