This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will this game be f***ing complicated with EV/IV crap? and can we Catch Em all?

#1gfaqsterPosted 7/9/2013 1:22:27 AM
I just want a Pokemon game that isn't so goddamn complicated in the metagame and I don't want a gazillion Pokemon that I need to catch and can only really get like 1/4th of them in the game.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2Great_ReapettePosted 7/9/2013 1:27:16 AM
Habit 419 of Irritating People: Asking a question we don't know the answer to and expecting one.
Habit 421 of Irritating People: Not giving time to answer a question and shoving another one down our throat.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#3TherianReturnsPosted 7/9/2013 1:50:35 AM
ev's and iv's are not complicated at all; and just because you know of these things, doesn't mean they're automatically associated with the metagame
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#4Hanon623Posted 7/9/2013 2:30:42 AM
I'll sim battle if i want to use perfect pokes, ev training is easy enough but i don't want to get invested in iv breeding. I'm pretty sure others around the world feel the same and some will even find ev training too much of a chore, you don't have to make use of them if you don't want to, if you're better than your opponent you can win with the disadvantage.
#5The_Undying_84Posted 7/9/2013 2:41:03 AM
I do hate how it's impossible to actually catch them all in one game. Event Pokemon are the worst, but missing Pokemon from past generations also bother me a lot. I can tolerate version exclusives within the newest generation though.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#6SpikeTbearPosted 7/9/2013 4:24:55 AM
In Gen 4, you could get just about everything. Then in B/W, it dropped off drastically. At least, it seems that way.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#7ElectricNovaPosted 7/9/2013 4:26:11 AM
You don't have to think about EV's and IV's if you don't want to. Just play the game however you feel like enjoying it.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#8ClassyOldHatPosted 7/9/2013 5:11:19 AM
According to the Developer's Roundtable, EVs and IV will be made "more visible" in the next games.
#9alatreon789Posted 7/9/2013 5:15:49 AM
How are ev and iv's complicated?
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
#10RX0megaPosted 7/9/2013 5:45:03 AM
ClassyOldHat posted...
According to the Developer's Roundtable, EVs and IV will be made "more visible" in the next games.

Visible isn't good enough. They should be making them more manipulable for the player instead so cheaters have less of a leg up on legit players and legit players also feel it is easier to get in to the scene legitly rather than feeling the need to hack.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
Microsoft and EA are the biggest dangers to gaming at this time.