This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait... Did they completely replace the Bike?

#1EstheimasterPosted 7/9/2013 4:26:18 AM
We've seen Roller-skates in trailers quite often, which we all assumed meant that we would be able to use them, but does that mean that Bikes are dead?

It makes sense because the game is in 3D and it must be much easier to animate little wheels appearing on the feet than to have a bike suddenly appear. Also, it would add to the realisticness of the game if he didn't stash a large Bike in his back (but his bag would probably maintain the hammerspace aspect).

However, it is kinda sad though. I miss not being able to buy a Bike for 1,000,000 Poke Dollars. Maybe they'll leave a Bike store in the game with a bike that exceeds the money limit for nostalgia's sake and make a joke off of it when someone hands you Roller-skates, telling you that it's much more practical than a bike.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#2ElectricNovaPosted 7/9/2013 4:28:49 AM
We don't know that the bike is gone yet. Maybe since Kalos is based on France there'll be a Tour de france based minigame or something. Yeah, there's roller skates, but we don't know bikes are gone just yet.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#3SorrowOfAcheronPosted 7/9/2013 4:29:17 AM
From my observation of the trailers, the roller-skates aren't as fast as the Bikes in BW/2.
Unless there's some Speed Mode on the Gogoats/other ride-able Pokes, I'm having hard time thinking how Egg-hatching is going to go.
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron, RageOfFenrisulf
Eurynome, Lv.200 Sorcerer
#4TherianReturnsPosted 7/9/2013 5:53:54 AM
You want the bike in the game...just so you can see the price for nostalgia's sake? WOW.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#5Aladdin2557Posted 7/9/2013 6:07:40 AM
TherianReturns posted...
You want the bike in the game...just so you can see the price for nostalgia's sake? WOW.

Nothing wrong with this
#6tsunamisurfer08Posted 7/9/2013 6:13:17 AM
I don't think I've used the bike since Emerald.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#7XWolfOPosted 7/9/2013 6:30:45 AM
I laughed more than I should have. That's a terrible reason for wanting a bike. "For nostalgia's sake." Ahahahaha! Good one, TC.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#8TranquilSeaPosted 7/9/2013 6:34:21 AM
tsunamisurfer08 posted...

...!!
---
Phaneuf of your lies.
#9Dark Young LinkPosted 7/9/2013 7:00:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10XWolfOPosted 7/9/2013 7:03:47 AM
Dark Young Link posted...
tsunamisurfer08 posted...

So you haven't played a Pokemon game since Emerald?

lol I love this logic. You play Pokemon, so you simply must use the bike! No, not really. I've only used the bike to hear the music since Emerald too. Ever since they introduced the ability to run, I found myself not using the bike that much or at all.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.