This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A transexual gym leader?

#41LexifoxPosted 7/9/2013 1:31:06 PM
zane0144 posted...
^You're making up excuses for the media. You'd have a point if not every single new show had a LGBT person in it. They have to include every demographic because nowadays, if not everyone is "included" its racist/biast. We go from one extreme to another. It was this LG is bad, it was used as an insult and socially unacceptable. Now it's YOU are bad if you don't include this person in your show, YOU are bad if you don't have a LG friend, YOU are the socially unacceptable one. It's dumb and people need to get over themselves.

They include a LGBT character because having a broader variety in characters means that you have a larger appeal. Having more characters means that you're more likely to catch more people in that net. That said, I don't think I've ever (literally) heard someone complain that something is biased because there's no gay character in it.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#42zane0144Posted 7/9/2013 1:37:05 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...

Except if the creators of Pokemon simply decided for whatever reason to include such a character it's their choice, whether they have a reason or not, or whatever the reason happens to be. You're the one who's, by the very nature of your claims, declaring that a creator cannot put a LGBT character in their game without it being some kind of "agenda" or something. You're declaring the condition to be abnormal, and that any character who falls into it shouldn't exist because it's "forced" through some kind of pro-gay conspiracy you've made up in your own mind.

You are blind if you don't think there is a pro-gay campaign going on right now. Freaking Disney World had a day just gay visitors. If that's not copping out I don't know what is. I don't see them having a day specifically for straight visitors.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#43LexifoxPosted 7/9/2013 1:39:53 PM
zane0144 posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...

Except if the creators of Pokemon simply decided for whatever reason to include such a character it's their choice, whether they have a reason or not, or whatever the reason happens to be. You're the one who's, by the very nature of your claims, declaring that a creator cannot put a LGBT character in their game without it being some kind of "agenda" or something. You're declaring the condition to be abnormal, and that any character who falls into it shouldn't exist because it's "forced" through some kind of pro-gay conspiracy you've made up in your own mind.

You are blind if you don't think there is a pro-gay campaign going on right now. Freaking Disney World had a day just gay visitors. If that's not copping out I don't know what is. I don't see them having a day specifically for straight visitors.

1. Disney World has had "gay visitor" days regularly for a while.

2. That event is about telling gay people know they are welcome. They do not have guards posted who stay there, watch out for straight people, and then kick them out on the spot if they don't have a rainbow card and copy of the gay agenda.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#44TheMasterTurtlePosted 7/9/2013 1:51:31 PM
I would enjoy this. Gender is something more people need to put in effort to understand and need to be more sensitive about.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#45NewMoonShadowPosted 7/9/2013 2:04:49 PM
zane0144 posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...

1: I don't think you know what "copping-out" means. What are they copping out of, exactly, by having a Gay-visitors day?

2: You don't need a day for straight visitors when every day is straight-visitors day. It's the same reason we have Black History Month but no White History Month.
#46X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/9/2013 2:06:42 PM
TheMasterTurtle posted...
I would enjoy this. Gender is something more people need to put in effort to understand and need to be more sensitive about.

Because if you hurt someone's feelings they might commit suicide because they're fragile pieces of crap, right?
And this to everyone I guess seeing how people want to be all "Politically Correct" or you might hurt Thomas' feelings and make him want to cut himself.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#47LexifoxPosted 7/9/2013 2:08:14 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...

Because if you hurt someone's feelings they might commit suicide because they're fragile pieces of crap, right?
And this to everyone I guess seeing how people want to be all "Politically Correct" or you might hurt Thomas' feelings and make him want to cut himself.

Someone says that people should make an effort to understand certain things. Your reaction is to be angry because someone suggested this. ....Why.
---
#48Davidk92Posted 7/9/2013 2:08:16 PM
Everyone's talking about political incorrectness, and yet nobody answered my qustion about dwarfism/gigantism in that other topic. ;n;
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#49Misdreavus573Posted 7/9/2013 2:21:27 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...

Oh, I'm sure you're a splendid person...
#50RadioRebelPosted 7/9/2013 2:23:18 PM
zane0144 posted...

I know, right? And while we're at it, why don't we have a White History Month? How dare the blacks and gays think they're better than us straight white folk and deserve their own special days! Clearly it's a cop-out and a way for them to take over society and has absolutely nothing to do with centuries of oppression and denial of basic civil liberties, right?

http://i.imgur.com/IgoUYTx.png

X_Ayumi_X posted...

And just when I thought "why doesn't Disney World have a straight visitors day" was the most offensive thing I'd read in this topic, there's this idiot...
---
Official Fletchling of the Pokemon X board
Fairy-type supporters: uno, Fairy-type deniers: STRANDED IN MICHIGAN!