This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Haven't played Pokemon since Blue. Question...

#1Ryan SiPosted 7/9/2013 10:25:23 AM
I actually bought a GameBoy Pocket when I was in 6th grade ('98) to play Pokemon (got the Blue version) because I liked the cartoon and all my friends at school were playing the games.

Anyway, I have no clue about the games since. My main question is, are all the original 151 Pokemon going to be featured in X/Y? If so, I might just pick one of the two versions up. Thanks
---
Currently Playing: Pikmin 2 (Wii), Pandora's Tower (Wii), Super Meat Boy (PC)
#2DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/9/2013 10:27:48 AM
All old Pokémon exist in the games, but it's a question of whether they'll be obtainable ingame, since some older Pokémon in other games have to be transferred into the newer ones. So there will be a fair amount I'd say, but you'd probably have to trade for a lot as well.
---
Yesterday I accidentally swallowed some food coloring. The doctor says I'm OK, but I feel like I've dyed a little inside.
#3UmuruPosted 7/9/2013 10:27:55 AM
Featured? There is no way that is happening. There may be some oldies in Kalos just to have then there though. That said, you could always trade or transfer old things in.
#4ZTIger5Posted 7/9/2013 10:28:18 AM
No idea. A few have been shown to, but there's no confirmation of if the entire Gen 1 pokedex will be available in either game. Most likely we'll need to trade, transfer them from older games or use some other software.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#5l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 7/9/2013 10:28:25 AM
Probably not all, but I'm sure you'll have a way to get a good number of them without much help.
---
You think I'm stupid for liking Nintendo? You're the one who thinks that "just for little kids" starts with an E.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#6NewbieN00bPosted 7/9/2013 10:29:28 AM
They exist, but you may not be able to actually catch them. It is likely that some will appear, though.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#7FryDays5000Posted 7/9/2013 10:39:44 AM
They're all programmed in the game along with the monsters after Mew, but you'll most likely not be able to get all of them without trading or transferring from the DS games after HG/SS
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076