This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my Poke Ball ideas.

#1AccrovideogamesPosted 7/9/2013 12:54:54 PM(edited)
Tech Ball: 3x catch rate on Steel and artificial Pokémon (list below), 1x otherwise.
Random Ball: Random catch rate, can be anything from 0.015625x to 4x (see math below).
Weather Ball (not the move): 3.5x catch rate during weather conditions, 1x otherwise.
Status Ball: 3x catch rate on Pokémon suffering from a status ailment, technically 4.5x with the status bonus, 1x otherwise.
Mature Ball: 3x catch rate on evolved Pokémon, 1x otherwise.
Combo Ball: Please see the mechanics below as it is too complicated to explain in one sentence.

Non-Steel Artificial Pokémon
Grimer and Muk: Created from human pollution (sea).
Voltorb and Electrode: Created alongside Poké Balls.
Koffing and Weezing: Created from human pollution (air).
Ditto: Created from experiments on Mew's DNA.
Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z: Created in a lab.
Mewtwo: Created from experiments on Mew's DNA.
Baltoy and Claydol: Created from clay figures.
Castform: Created in a lab.
Banette: Result of Shuppet possessing a doll.
Deoxys: Created from a virus.
Wormadam: Created from the fusion of Burmy and its artificial cloak.
Rotom (appliance forms only): Result of Rotom possessing an appliance.
Trubbish and Garbodor: Created from human pollution (ground).
Golett and Golurk: Created by an ancient civilization.

Random Ball Mechanics
A number from 0 to 255 is randomly generated, making a total of 256 possible catch rates. A 0 results in a catch rate of 0.015625x and a 255 results in a catch rate of 4x. If you multiply 0.015625 by 256, you get 4. The average catch rate is 2x, the same as an Ultra Ball, but it is cheaper.

Combo Ball Mechanics
At first, its catch rate is 1x but it increases by using other Poké Balls before it. For each successive and different Poké Balls thrown, the Combo Ball's catch rate increases by 0.5x up to a maximum of 5x. The combo is broken if you attack, use an item, try to flee or switch your Pokémon instead of throwing a Poké Ball. It's also broken if the same type of Poké Ball was thrown in the same combo. For example, if you throw a Poké Ball, then a Great Ball, then an Ultra Ball, then a Net Ball, then a Great Ball again and finally a Combo Ball, the latter's catch rate is 1.5x instead of 3.5x. You must throw at least 8 different types of Poké Ball in succession before you can throw a Combo Ball with maximum catch rate (5x). Using a Combo Ball right after another Combo Ball results in a catch rate of 1x.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#2SirPikachuPosted 7/9/2013 12:58:57 PM
They're pretty cool, I woudn't mind having them. But I wanted to point out that Masuda(?) said the ditto-mew theory isn't real, and Deoxys IS the virus, there was no Human interaction.
#3Moocow123450Posted 7/9/2013 1:04:20 PM
They seem pretty cool. The combo ball will finally make pokeballs useful again :p. A quick thing to fix is that siliglyph was also created by an ancient civilization for protection.
---
3DS friend Code: 0516-7267-8112; PM me if added
I choose you! Miltank!
#4person_pitchPosted 7/9/2013 1:05:25 PM
I'd rather go in the opposite direction and only have poke'balls.
#5LegendofDarkraiPosted 7/9/2013 1:10:07 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
Tech Ball: 3x catch rate on Steel and artificial Pokémon (list below), 1x otherwise.
Random Ball: Random catch rate, can be anything from 0.015625x to 4x (see math below).
Weather Ball (not the move): 3.5x catch rate during weather conditions, 1x otherwise.
Status Ball: 3x catch rate on Pokémon suffering from a status ailment, technically 4.5x with the status bonus, 1x otherwise.
Mature Ball: 3x catch rate on evolved Pokémon, 1x otherwise.
Combo Ball: Please see the mechanics below as it is too complicated to explain in one sentence.

Non-Steel Artificial Pokémon
Grimer and Muk: Created from human pollution (sea).
Voltorb and Electrode: Created alongside Poké Balls.
Koffing and Weezing: Created from human pollution (air).
Ditto: Created from experiments on Mew's DNA.
Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z: Created in a lab.
Mewtwo: Created from experiments on Mew's DNA.
Baltoy and Claydol: Created from clay figures.
Castform: Created in a lab.
Banette: Result of Shuppet possessing a doll.
Deoxys: Created from a virus.
Wormadam: Created from the fusion of Burmy and its artificial cloak.
Rotom (appliance forms only): Result of Rotom possessing an appliance.
Trubbish and Garbodor: Created from human pollution (ground).
Golett and Golurk: Created by an ancient civilization.

Random Ball Mechanics
A number from 0 to 255 is randomly generated, making a total of 256 possible catch rates. A 0 results in a catch rate of 0.015625x and a 255 results in a catch rate of 4x. If you multiply 0.015625 by 256, you get 4. The average catch rate is 2x, the same as an Ultra Ball, but it is cheaper.

Combo Ball Mechanics
At first, its catch rate is 1x but it increases by using other Poké Balls before it. For each successive and different Poké Balls thrown, the Combo Ball's catch rate increases by 0.5x up to a maximum of 5x. The combo is broken if you attack, use an item, try to flee or switch your Pokémon instead of throwing a Poké Ball. It's also broken if the same type of Poké Ball was thrown in the same combo. For example, if you throw a Poké Ball, then a Great Ball, then an Ultra Ball, then a Net Ball, then a Great Ball again and finally a Combo Ball, the latter's catch rate is 1.5x instead of 3.5x. You must throw at least 8 different types of Poké Ball in succession before you can throw a Combo Ball with maximum catch rate (5x). Using a Combo Ball right after another Combo Ball results in a catch rate of 1x.

Tech ball: 7/10 good idea but to complex to remember all the pokemon.

Random ball: 10/10 this should be a thing. Awesome idea!

Weather ball: 8/10 basic but good!

Status ball: 7/10 to basic

Mature ball: 9/10 very good idea, should be a thing as well

Combo ball: 8/10 good but a little bit to similar to timer ball.

Great job anyway!
---
Specter of shadows, Ruler of the darkened moon, Uncontrollable ~Darkrai
#6PoorRichDudePosted 7/9/2013 1:50:56 PM
Rating, huh? Time to dust off my old list...

Gem Ball: Works better on Pokemon that use a stone to evolve.

Snare Ball: Similar to Net Ball, but for Flying-types and anything with Levitate.

Spike Ball: Deals 1-10 damage (based on level) if the target breaks free; meant to whittle down its HP more safely.

Cozy Ball: The smaller the Pokemon, the better it works.

Pika Ball: Has a cute Pikachu pattern, and catches any member of its family without fail (50% chance for any other, later members of its archetype.)

Rich Ball: No stronger than an ordinary Pokeball and costs significantly more than a Premier Ball, but has an aweome color and unleash meant to show that the Trainer has money to burn.

Junk Ball: Sold by a shady back-alley dealer, it appears to have no real value at first, as even Pokemon with a 255 catch rate regularly break out of it. However, an in-game counter keeps track of how many times you throw one, and the effectiveness slowly improves as they're used over the course of the game (up to Dusk Ball levels.) Looks like a Pokeball, except the top is more of a rust-red, and it is slightly misshapen.

Heart/Muscle/Shield/Comet/Genius/Mystic Ball: Only available in postgame, they raise the captured Pokemon's HP/Attack/Defense/Speed/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def EVs.
#7LegendofDarkraiPosted 7/9/2013 2:02:20 PM
PoorRichDude posted...
Rating, huh? Time to dust off my old list...

Gem Ball: Works better on Pokemon that use a stone to evolve.

Snare Ball: Similar to Net Ball, but for Flying-types and anything with Levitate.

Spike Ball: Deals 1-10 damage (based on level) if the target breaks free; meant to whittle down its HP more safely.

Cozy Ball: The smaller the Pokemon, the better it works.

Pika Ball: Has a cute Pikachu pattern, and catches any member of its family without fail (50% chance for any other, later members of its archetype.)

Rich Ball: No stronger than an ordinary Pokeball and costs significantly more than a Premier Ball, but has an aweome color and unleash meant to show that the Trainer has money to burn.

Junk Ball: Sold by a shady back-alley dealer, it appears to have no real value at first, as even Pokemon with a 255 catch rate regularly break out of it. However, an in-game counter keeps track of how many times you throw one, and the effectiveness slowly improves as they're used over the course of the game (up to Dusk Ball levels.) Looks like a Pokeball, except the top is more of a rust-red, and it is slightly misshapen.

Heart/Muscle/Shield/Comet/Genius/Mystic Ball: Only available in postgame, they raise the captured Pokemon's HP/Attack/Defense/Speed/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def EVs.

Of course I'm gonna rate yours too ;)

Gem ball: 9/10 great concept and since moon ball only works on moon stone pokemon, this is great

Snare ball: 8/10 Basic but good

Spike ball: 8/10 interesting and good

Cozy ball: 7,5/10 nice concept but since small pokemon are often low levelled, you can use something else

Pika ball: 7/10 nice idea but a bit broken. Fix it up a bit!

Rich ball: 10/10 Love it.

Junk ball: 8/10 very interesting but at the same time, you want your pokeball to look cool (rich ball)

Heart/Muscle/shield/comet/genius/mystic ball: 9/10 great concept and...yeah it's just a great idea.

Very good ideas you too. Man GF should be here because some ideas are really great. Love rich ball...
---
Specter of shadows, Ruler of the darkened moon, Uncontrollable ~Darkrai
#8X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/9/2013 2:04:53 PM
I can only judge if you show me pictures of how they look.
I go by how they look and use them by how they are and if I think they look right with the Pokémon.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#9SkylaIsMyWifePosted 7/9/2013 3:26:37 PM
They sound good, random ball sounds fun but may prove to be just a gimmick. Just do go all out with the wayyy too specific balls, like the Johto Apricorn balls.
---
You with a mud duck while i'm swimming with a Swanna 8D
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png
#10TherianReturnsPosted 7/9/2013 3:53:49 PM
I only use Pokeballs. But I like the random ball idea.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about