This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone Else Hoping This Is Co-op?

#1Tennyson500Posted 7/9/2013 1:27:05 PM
I mean the type of co-op Ash,Iris and Cilan do, where they take on hordes of pokemon and they get ambushed by team plasma. And also where you walk a round with a buddy, and every battle with your buddy is a multi battle. Basically all the co-op rules of the show. Like gym leaders are single battle unless they want to be double. And think about if this was 4 players... defeat 4 pokemon would give you a lot of XP. I sorta hoping this is 8 players but I know its gonna turn out to be 4. And that 4 isnt gonna mean what I want it to mean, its gonna be stuff like in black and white/2.
#2Chespear213Posted 7/9/2013 1:27:32 PM
Confirmed for non co-op already.
---
Official Waluigi of the mario kart 8 board.
Bye Felisha. You're dismissed. Chespination. Chespin>>>"Jiggs"
#3FuneralCakePosted 7/9/2013 1:28:44 PM
That doesn't sound very interesting. Not even the increased EXP would make me want to play that.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#4AdventOfTherianPosted 7/9/2013 1:30:11 PM
Well, as the only true pokemon fan, I love this idea!.
---
I am the only true pokemon fan.
#5SakurafanboyPosted 7/9/2013 1:30:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#6X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/9/2013 1:33:46 PM
Team Hell No
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#7Oak_TeaPosted 7/9/2013 1:43:48 PM
In terms of in-game mechanics, this would probably be pretty bad.

Double battles when you want to catch Pokemon are bad enough as it is. If every battle is like that, say good bye to ever catching a shiny again.

That's if you're playing with NPCs. If you were playing with friends, imagine the fights that'd break out over shinies. ;P

I enjoy Pokemon as a solo journey. Many fans were annoyed with the amount of times the Gen V rivals showed up, but I liked it. I also usually don't like NPC double battles because they're usually too easy because of your partner's strength. It wouldn't be so bad if I could control their Pokemon, but then why not just let me use two of my own Pokemon? I probably already have every Pokemon they do except for their starter, anyways.
---
Now playing: FFX-2, Pokemon Emerald (Nuzlocke)
#8Luigi playerPosted 7/9/2013 1:56:10 PM
2 player co-op would be really awesome...
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#9X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/9/2013 1:56:13 PM
Oak_Tea posted...
In terms of in-game mechanics, this would probably be pretty bad.

Double battles when you want to catch Pokemon are bad enough as it is. If every battle is like that, say good bye to ever catching a shiny again.

That's if you're playing with NPCs. If you were playing with friends, imagine the fights that'd break out over shinies. ;P

I enjoy Pokemon as a solo journey. Many fans were annoyed with the amount of times the Gen V rivals showed up, but I liked it. I also usually don't like NPC double battles because they're usually too easy because of your partner's strength. It wouldn't be so bad if I could control their Pokemon, but then why not just let me use two of my own Pokemon? I probably already have every Pokemon they do except for their starter, anyways.

"OH SHOOT! A SHINY!"
"I'll catch it!"
"No, let me catch it!"
"But I saw it 1st"
"But you got more shinies than me!"
"We're on my game file though."
"Yeah and maybe you wouldn't have seen it without me being here to help the rate go up by battle 2 Pokémon at a time!"
"Oh well, I'll get it."
"No me!"
"ME!"
"ME!"
*1st trainer throws Poké Ball* *Breaks*
"HA! My turn!"
*2nd trainer throws Poké Ball* *Breaks*

*Battle goes on until one person run out of Balls as neither of them want to attack it to weaken it for the other to capture it*
"Damn it, all out of Balls!"
"Hah, I still got 20 on me."
*2nd trainer kills Pokémon on their turn."
"The hell you do that for?!"
"If I can't get it, you can't either."
"YOU STUPID M....!"
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#10PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/9/2013 2:06:52 PM
I rather an online Co-op mode with randomly generated areas that you and other players(local or online) can explore and fight/catch Pokemon at very high levels, than to have it set in the main game.

Yes, so much butt hurt to be had, but it would be incredible.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)