This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It'd be nice if there were even more asthetic features

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. It'd be nice if there were even more asthetic features
2 years ago#1
For example, they could show your specific Pokemon's height and weight. Like how the average Blastoise is 5'3" according to the dex, but maybe mine is only 5'1", or maybe mine was on the taller side at 5'8". Perhaps I'd own a Blissey that is a tad bit overweight.

Different color shades would be cool too, kind of like it used to be on Stadium.

Nothing gamebreaking or anything like that, just something small that when combined with nature's and personality traits would make the Pokemon seem even more unique.
---
Sky High Dx
2 years ago#2
I think those differences exist, but they're implicit. For the sake of gameplay, every last Blastoise looks the same. But that doesn't mean they actually would.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of GameFAQs-
2 years ago#3
For the most part, things like varying height and weight wouldn't even be that noticeable.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
2 years ago#4
I would love this feature, as well as a 3d comparison between Trainer size and Pokemon size.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
2 years ago#5
FuneralCake posted...
For the most part, things like varying height and weight wouldn't even be that noticeable.

I know. It's just an extra, just like how the status screen shows that your Pokemon is "proud of its power" or "scatters things often".
---
Sky High Dx
2 years ago#6
Sky_High_Dx posted...
FuneralCake posted...

I know. It's just an extra, just like how the status screen shows that your Pokemon is "proud of its power" or "scatters things often".

...but that has gameplay meaning.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Characteristic
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
2 years ago#7
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Sky_High_Dx posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Doesn't mean that sizes and such couldn't be dictated by something like IVs.

Shiny Pokemon in the anime used to be smaller than normal ones, to coincide with the fact that in Gen 2 they had pretty meh IVs.

I like this idea, alot. Gameplay mechanics be damned.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
2 years ago#8
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Sky_High_Dx posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Doesn't mean that sizes and such couldn't be dictated by something like IVs.

Shiny Pokemon in the anime used to be smaller than normal ones, to coincide with the fact that in Gen 2 they had pretty meh IVs.

I like this idea, alot. Gameplay mechanics be damned.

Agreed. It reminds me of that episode I saw when I was a kid where Ash caught a Krabby and Gary had caught one much bigger. I wondered to myself, "why hasn't that made it across into the game?"

I don't care if it has no effect, it'd just be pretty cool to make each Pokemon visually distinct from one another. Different sizes, patterns, coloration... as long as it's subtle I'm all for it.
2 years ago#9
Being able to see differences in size and weight would be interesting, though more importantly for me, adjusting the MC's height and weight for comparison's sake to get more immersion.

Take me for example: I'm almost 6'6" and ~250 pounds. Drastically different from any of the MCs. At the very least I'd like this to be a factor in the pokedex, like in Gen 3 when you could compare a pokemon's size and weight to the MC, whose dimensions were static.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
2 years ago#10
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Sky_High_Dx posted...
FuneralCake posted...

I'm aware, but the actual text has little to do with the IVs. They gave personality to a bunch of numbers by making certain combinations yeild different personalities. I'm simply stating it would be nice if they did the same thing with other variations.

Or it could stay the same and I'd still gladly play. No biggie or anything.
---
Sky High Dx
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. It'd be nice if there were even more asthetic features

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived