This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something about Ash Ketchum

#11AysanderPosted 7/9/2013 4:32:06 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
Aysander posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Fact: Ash's Japanese name, Satoshi, is shared with the creator of the Pokémon series.

Unlike Ash, however, "Satoshi" means "reason" or "wisdom."

He has wisdom.

Just no intelligence or reason.

Big difference, since even the dumbest five year old possesses some modicum of Wisdom.

...no

he lacks even wisdom

He had it till they decided to arbitrarily reboot the anime, which was totally unnecessary b/c it's never been in line with the game canon anywho >.>

Countershields, for instance. Being able to see a gym leader use them and then know they're there is one thing. Being able to master them with your own pokemon over the course of the equivalent of like a week is another.

Sucks that Oak strapped him down after Sinnoh and brain-drained the poor kid before eliminating the portion of the brain that improves with experience.
#12PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/9/2013 4:38:04 PM
He had it till they decided to arbitrarily reboot the anime, which was totally unnecessary b/c it's never been in line with the game canon anywho >.>

Countershields, for instance. Being able to see a gym leader use them and then know they're there is one thing. Being able to master them with your own pokemon over the course of the equivalent of like a week is another.

Sucks that Oak strapped him down after Sinnoh and brain-drained the poor kid before eliminating the portion of the brain that improves with experience.

Yeah, he had 3 moments in all of Unova that protrayed him as a dumbass(I'm not even defending this, this is a result of crap writing and not the character's fault), but then there were episodes with him preaching type advantage, coming up with solutions that even scientists couldn't figure out, and using plain old common sense when others wouldn't.

He's generally not THAT stupid. Also, I'm still waiting on the actual topic question I asked to be legitimately answered. What's so stupid about him helping a friend, especially when said friend is just down right "stupid" stupid?
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#13Hanon623Posted 7/9/2013 4:38:21 PM
What did Ash ever do that was so idiotic? The biggest mistake I ever recall him making was Charizard vs Dusclops where he had exhausted his options anyway. Pikachu had just taken on two strong opponents and Snivy had just taken on Camerons Ace, the fact that Lucario struggled against the prevos despite that shows Ash was pretty strong.

Also supporting the one who beat you isn't uncommon or wrong, it's done irl and is a good natured thing to do Gary and Paul both did it as well for Ash.
#14AysanderPosted 7/9/2013 4:40:27 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...

Yeah, he had 3 moments in all of Unova that protrayed him as a dumbass(I'm not even defending this, this is a result of crap writing and not the character's fault), but then there were episodes with him preaching type advantage, coming up with solutions that even scientists couldn't figure out, and using plain old common sense when others wouldn't.

He's generally not THAT stupid. Also, I'm still waiting on the actual topic question I asked to be legitimately answered. What's so stupid about him helping a friend, especially when said friend is just down right "stupid" stupid?

Nothing wrong with doing that at all...Most people just expect someone who loses a contest to be a bitter, asinine, sore loser for some reason. It's why Gfaqs peeps keep saying we need more Blues and Silvers....because they want more sore losers :/
#15NecroStreak128Posted 7/9/2013 4:42:10 PM
Oh boy...
#16PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/9/2013 4:42:57 PM
Hanon623 posted...
What did Ash ever do that was so idiotic? The biggest mistake I ever recall him making was Charizard vs Dusclops where he had exhausted his options anyway. Pikachu had just taken on two strong opponents and Snivy had just taken on Camerons Ace, the fact that Lucario struggled against the prevos despite that shows Ash was pretty strong.

Also supporting the one who beat you isn't uncommon or wrong, it's done irl and is a good natured thing to do Gary and Paul both did it as well for Ash.

Thank you. Someone that addressed this and didn't honestly act like a kid. What is wrong about being a good sport? There's like so many other comic/anime/game heroes that do this, I can't believe it's being used as a complaint of proof of "lack of intelligence", of all things.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)