This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How hard/challenging is Pokemon now?

#1SolidHaseoPosted 7/9/2013 4:56:37 PM
I haven't played Pokemon since........after Silver and Gold? oh wait no umm.....the Kyogre/Groudon etc ones. Thus I have no idea what new types have emerged, new type of battles etc. I DO know some of the older and recent gen pokemons but from random Pokemon episodes, i stopped watching Pokemon at the same gen as Kyogre etc. If jump STRAIGHT to this gen, will I miss anything from older gens?

Note: I've never even done post-game in Pokemon and gotten Legendaries nor do I capture every pokemon type etc
---
R:63 is the best rule in the history of mankind!!!
#2LightningAce11Posted 7/9/2013 4:57:42 PM
Yes. You should play pokemon platinum and black and white 2 to catch up.
---
Did you know if the Sun was ten feet closer to the earth we would all burn to death, and if it were ten feet further away the earth would freeze? God is great.
#3NessEggmanPosted 7/9/2013 4:58:29 PM
The question in your topic title and then the question in your topic are different...

So uh...

How hard/challenging? -- The exact smae

Will I have missed anything by skipping? -- Other than individual experiences, not too much. I mean, you'll miss, for example, poffin... or something like that... but nothing critical that will detract from or create difficulty in the experience of playing the new games.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#4MetaDeDeDePosted 7/9/2013 5:16:02 PM
You missed the overall burthurt everyone had after they found out they could transfer pokemon from G/S/C to R/S/E. You also missed the introduction of abilities and the physical/Specail split. Hidden abilities just pass you recently. Meaning you missed some major things but you can still catch up.

Move are no longer determine by type but by the move itself.

move like Water fall used to be specail because of the type but now since waterfall make physical contact it is physical. Other move such as Thunder Punch and Vine whip are physicial. It may take a bit of time to learn what is physicial and what is Special

However the game have gotten as easy as sin to beat as of lately thank to better move for the pokemon overall.

Fairy type is comfirmed as a new type for Gen Vi. It is super effective aganist Dragon.

It is also rumor to be super effective against Dark and Fighting, resisted by Fire and Psychic while being weak to Poison and Steel.

It may be best for you to try Pokemon Black or White consider that it is easy so you can learn the new mechanic and be ready when Pokemon X and Y come comes.
---
What do you guys think about the fairy type?
Snorlax: This is delicious. Iris: O_O Charizard: Doe this mean i am in OU now? Pikachu: No es fake.
#5Hanon623Posted 7/9/2013 5:19:27 PM
Remember when the 5th gym had lv 50 pokemon? Yeah nothing like that anymore now it's anything works ingame. The puzzels are simpler, the options are larger you will probably never lose if you have revives, so you will be fine.
#6SkylaIsMyWifePosted 7/9/2013 5:21:49 PM
No new types have been introduced since G/S/C, until now, where we will get the Fairy type, which is to mainly tame down dragon types (the "overpowered" type).
---
You with a mud duck while i'm swimming with a Swanna 8D
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png