This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ralts Question - Fairy Type

#1Luigi4PresidentPosted 7/9/2013 5:40:49 PM
So I'm busy on making my dream team on White. I've chosen Gallade to EV train and IV breed and all that good stuff. Here are the moves I'm planning to teach it:

-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

Now, I'm thinking that I could easily wait for X and Y's new Fairy type before I start training. If Ralts or Kirlia gets some fairy type moves, that might be nice if there's one powerful enough to take care of Dragon Pokémon. I figured I'd ask around here to see what the suggestions are. Keep in mind I'm not totally serious about competing, other than doing it with friends or for fun online. I'd probably get rid of thunderbolt if there did end up being a good move, but I just want the best option because I don't want to do this again. I know not much is known about fairy type yet, but do you think it will be worth it?

Thanks
---
Everytime I find the key to success, somebody changes the locks.
#2Great_ReapettePosted 7/9/2013 5:42:06 PM
I'd say Focus Miss would be the best to remove, but... it's pretty powerful.

Too bad it has 8 PP max and misses like 69% of the time.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#3TherianReturnsPosted 7/9/2013 5:42:21 PM
Gallade is better at physical moves.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#4FuneralCakePosted 7/9/2013 5:43:37 PM
Wait, Gallade? That's a much better moveset for a Gardevoir. Gallade is a better physical attacker. I guess if you really want to give it those moves, fine, but...

Gallade isn't confirmed to be a Fairy type, so it's really hard to say at this point. If you meant Gardevoir instead, I'd say wait for these games to come out and see what kind of Fairy moves it gets. You can always replace a move, I guess.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#5Luigi4President(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 5:44:46 PM
TherianReturns posted...

Is it? See, this is why I don't do this that often.

And yes, I've considered removing Focus Blast. I'm still looking into it
---
#6TherianReturnsPosted 7/9/2013 5:45:54 PM
Luigi4President posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Is it? See, this is why I don't do this that often.

And yes, I've considered removing Focus Blast. I'm still looking into it

Yes. If you want to use special attacking moves, pick Gardevoir.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#7Luigi4President(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 5:46:19 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Wait, Gallade? That's a much better moveset for a Gardevoir. Gallade is a better physical attacker. I guess if you really want to give it those moves, fine, but...

Gallade isn't confirmed to be a Fairy type, so it's really hard to say at this point. If you meant Gardevoir instead, I'd say wait for these games to come out and see what kind of Fairy moves it gets. You can always replace a move, I guess.

I'm not too familiar with the Ralts family yet, so I suppose I should consider using Gardevoir too. The only problem I had was that if Gardevoir became part fairy type, it could easily be a whole new situation.
---
#8Block_Man_XPosted 7/9/2013 5:49:50 PM
No, make it a physical attacker. There really is no reason to use Special attacking psychic who isn't Alakazam, and there isn't much reason to use Gallade if your not going to make him a physical sweeper. Give him Night slash, Brick break or Close combat, Psycho cut, and then either swords dance or another coverage move. He can learn a physical move a pretty much every good type so you can give him anything. Ice punch, Thunder punch, Poison jab, Leaf blade, Earthquake. Pretty much whatever your team needs.
---
PSN-block-man-x / SSF4 Mains Vega/ MVC3 Cptn America Akuma zero/Dante Wolverine sentinel. SFxT: Vega
#9Luigi4President(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 7:50:56 PM
Thanks for the input. I've decided to make Gardevoir my special attacker instead. While I'm at this, could I get some help with the rest of my team? Here are the Pokémon I chose to use:

-Torkoal
-Gastrodon
-Gardevoir
-Galvantula
-Archeops
-Scrafty

Those last two I'm still not sure about, but I tried to get a good mix of types in. I was thinking about making Torkoal my defense side, Gastrodon special defense, Gardevoir special attack, Galvantula special attack, Scrafty attack, and Archeops whatever. I was also considering using a Salamence instead of Archeops...

Any pointers would be much appreciated!
---
#10GalladetheGreatPosted 7/9/2013 9:56:31 PM
Scrafty works best as a bulky physical attacker, not a sweeper.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg