This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: Anybody who has a good eye on real Pokemon GBA cartridges

#41PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 7/10/2013 11:04:49 AM(edited)
Looking at my Cartridge, the only differences are the imprint of a "15A" with an "E4" beneath that is missing from the front of the pictures (mine has it, picture does not) and the back, while also transparent, does not have those clearly visible rows of funky bubbles on my cart.

So basically it's missing a sort of factory imprinty looking thing and the inside of the cartridge looking from the back looks alllll sorts of wrong. There shouldn't be ANY little bubble lines.

Looks fake, actually. But it's a damn good fake.

EDIT - OOps! I didn't see the other sellers pics before this post. Those pics, while blurry, look way more authentic. You can see the little rectangular white 4x4 chip thingy in the upper right hand corner (back side) that mine has and the other was missing.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#42ice_phoenix_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 11:10:10 AM
Merenwenrago posted...
http://imageshack.us/a/img15/7580/gd0n.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/1594/x391.jpg

If you want better pictures will have to take them during the day

Thanks for those, they're clear enough for me. It helps a lot. So there definitely shouldn't be any of those scattered holes like in the OP

BerserkLeon posted...
I'm pretty sure the one you're after now is authentic. That uh.. recess in the plastic does appear to be another thing you could use for authentication. I forgot to mention that in my post because it doesn't show up well in my pictures, but even the cases without batteries on the PCB have that.
The gold rectangles in the back are quite a nice indicator as well, since they are visible in most light.

Yeah, those do help out

PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
Looks fake, actually. But it's a damn good fake.

Yeah. A lot better than the ones where you can just tell by the scrawny E rating.
---
~yay_meh~
I freeze people then I melt them into water and drink them. <3
#43ice_phoenix_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 11:11:28 AM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
EDIT - OOps! I didn't see the other sellers pics before this post. Those pics, while blurry, look way more authentic. You can see the little rectangular white 4x4 chip thingy in the upper right hand corner (back side) that mine has and the other was missing.

Don't worry, I knew you were talking about the first post :)
---
~yay_meh~
#44Storm101Posted 7/10/2013 11:12:04 AM
I have a real Pokemon Ruby. How much should I sell it for?

I also want to sell a Crystal with a working save battery, but it's never been replaced before and I don't have the means to, so I wonder if I should sell it knowing that it might die pretty soon.
#45ice_phoenix_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 11:25:34 AM
Storm101 posted...
I have a real Pokemon Ruby. How much should I sell it for?

I also want to sell a Crystal with a working save battery, but it's never been replaced before and I don't have the means to, so I wonder if I should sell it knowing that it might die pretty soon.

I've only looked around on eBay and Amazon, because I'm lazy, but from what I've seen on those site, the GBA Pokemon games are usually sold for around $35 and up.
I think $25-$30 would be a decent price for the Ruby cartridge, IMO.

As for Crystal, I'm not sure. I haven't really looked around for the older games
---
~yay_meh~
#46ice_phoenix_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 12:01:33 PM
I also picked up a Pokemon Emerald. Looked at it, and it's real. Got the game today, it passed all the authenticity checks, and the seller's file on it still saves fine, even after the E4

the internal battery is dead, so no more time events, but I'm fine with that
---
~yay_meh~
#47BerserkLeonPosted 7/13/2013 6:58:32 PM(edited)
ice_phoenix_ posted...
I also picked up a Pokemon Emerald. Looked at it, and it's real. Got the game today, it passed all the authenticity checks, and the seller's file on it still saves fine, even after the E4

the internal battery is dead, so no more time events, but I'm fine with that

Sorry to necro somewhat, but the battery can be replaced with a CR1616. You CAN solder it if you like, but you don't have to. Conductive glue may work, or just bend the two prongs holding it in, around it so it wont fall out, and tape it to them a bit. (Edit: as long as the negative prong is on the negative side and positive on positive, everything's fine. I just mean that detaching the prongs without a soldering iron tends to bend them a bit, so try to bend them back into place.)
Also the Duracell "DL1616" is the same as a CR1616 so it'll work, if you find that before another brand.
#48ice_phoenix_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 6:58:10 PM
BerserkLeon posted...
Sorry to necro somewhat, but the battery can be replaced with a CR1616. You CAN solder it if you like, but you don't have to. Conductive glue may work, or just bend the two prongs holding it in, around it so it wont fall out, and tape it to them a bit.
Also the Duracell "DL1616" is the same as a CR1616 so it'll work, if you find that before another brand.

Yeah, I looked online to see how people replace the battery for RSE cartridges, but I think I'm just not gonna risk it if I screw up

I won't miss the time events too much. I won't be able to grow berries, but I'll manage.
---
~yay_meh~
#49BerserkLeonPosted 7/13/2013 6:59:45 PM
Well, at least you won't get phone calls anymore :D
#50ice_phoenix_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 7:07:50 PM
BerserkLeon posted...
Well, at least you won't get phone calls anymore :D

yay :O

Also, I completely forgot about Match Call. Checked that and it sounds like I can still rematch trainers, which is a relief
---
~yay_meh~