This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why has serebii stopped the spoiler tags?

#1mudballmanPosted 7/9/2013 8:25:54 PM
Me and several my friends who want to go into pokemon x and y totally blind frequently visit that website keep seeing the new pokemon we are trying not to find out about.

Now if they never used spoiler tags then it would be understandable, but they have been used in the past.

Anyone know why they are not being used?
---
3ds friend code: 2852 7690 5645
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/9/2013 8:27:38 PM
I think the majority of the spoiler tags that Serebii uses are for in-game coverage such as plot-based events, gym leader/E4 teams, and locations. Other than that, I don't think there's ever been spoiler tags used for anything pre-release, such as new pokemon or information
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3Balamb00Posted 7/9/2013 8:32:16 PM(edited)
I believe he only uses them during walkthroughs and doesn't bother with official announcements because they're not considered spoilers. Although I do feel the same as you as I do frequent the site often and wish they weren't on the front page. I mean I'm going to look anyway but I'd prefer not to.

Also what he/she ^^^^^^^^^ said.
#4mudballman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 8:37:01 PM
Balamb00 posted...
I believe he only uses them during walkthroughs and doesn't bother with official announcements because they're not considered spoilers. Although I do feel the same as you as I do frequent the site often and wish they weren't on the front page. I mean I'm going to look anyway but I'd prefer not to.

Also what he/she ^^^^^^^^^ said.

Yea, I try not to look and just navigate to where I need to go but its hard to avoid sometimes lol
---
3ds friend code: 2852 7690 5645
#5Serebii from SPPPosted 7/10/2013 7:38:27 AM
They are correct.

I have never used Spoiler Tags in pre-release coverage of the games. I have only done it as we reach two weeks before the game and more stuff is likely to come. The information I post at the moment gets officially confirmed so these are the Pokémon you will be seeing on materials to promote the game.

I will be following the same rules as I always do in regards to this. You won't see spoilertags on the home page until end of September at the earliest
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#6fissionprimerPosted 7/10/2013 7:43:37 AM
New pokemon aren't spoiler tags LOL

Get with the times.

And if you don't like it, don't go into that site.
---
I'm handsome too ;)
#7MagmastaPosted 7/10/2013 7:51:26 AM
Sure, the pokemon you will see in the game get spoiled but knowing the stats, evolution levels, and typing is really the main part in a pokemon game.

Imo it still is playing blind and you don't know where you will find this pokemon any ways.

Trust me, you will struggle and you won't be like those people who were like: "omg look at the attack of Darmanitan and you get it early in the desert route."

"I'm going to wreck the whole game with that bad ass, he is definitely going on my team!"
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend