This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We don't know any of the pokemon's abilities do we?

#1Finale_WandererPosted 7/9/2013 9:04:50 PM
That's really strange to me. I remember in Generation 5 we learned of their abilities when they first released them on corocoro but now none of their abilities have been announced. Are they changing abilities in Gen 5! I hope so... I know they probably have them like levitate but abilities like Absol's "insomnia" should be more inherent based on their type altering the benefits of certain types. Like how can an electric type pokemon ever become paralyzed or a fire pokemon ever suffer a burn?
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS), Final Fantasy VIII (PS), Dragon Quest VIII (PS2), Super Mario RPG (VC), Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U)
#2PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/9/2013 9:07:00 PM
Fire types cant be burned iirc

And electric not being paralyzed doesn't make sense. Spinal injuries (body slam) dont always caused from electricity
---
My mother used to say i was a little reverend, that's why they call me God number seven
#3AysanderPosted 7/9/2013 9:10:24 PM
Maybe this time Japan feels we should just get names and slight teasers, after all, it's a global release, and some countries do not like having everything spoiled for them.
#4MagikarpRulesPosted 7/9/2013 9:15:46 PM
Finale_Wanderer posted...
That's really strange to me. I remember in Generation 5 we learned of their abilities when they first released them on corocoro but now none of their abilities have been announced. Are they changing abilities in Gen 5! I hope so... I know they probably have them like levitate but abilities like Absol's "insomnia" should be more inherent based on their type altering the benefits of certain types. Like how can an electric type pokemon ever become paralyzed or a fire pokemon ever suffer a burn?

Fire types can't be burned. Electric types bot being paralyzed makes no sense. After all, Body Slam, Dragonbreath, Stun Spore and Tri Attack (I may be forgetting some attacks) can induce paralysis and are not electricity-based.

I think, however, that Ground type Pokémon shouldn't be paralyzed by the ability Static. They are supposed to be immune to Electric.