This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

about a ghost/grass pumpkin pokemon

#11ZTIger5Posted 7/10/2013 6:19:55 AM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
it could have flare boost, and the face carved in it (jack o lanturn) would start to glow and animate when it's activated.

---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#12Davidk92Posted 7/10/2013 6:23:39 AM
fedartz posted...
Davidk92 posted...
I once made a Jack O'Lantern fakemon as a request for someone on another board. I can go look for it if anyone's interested.

If only I could do it for you. But my tablet's pen has running out of battery.

That's fine, I found them.

Jackolan (Ghost/Grass)
Evolves into Frightlight

"Jackolan is a peculiar Pokemon; they are in fact small spirits resembling candle flames. However, these are rarely seen as the Pokemon constantly hides within a hard orange shell resembling a pumpkin, which it uses as armour. No two Jackolan's pumpkin armour has the same facial carvings."

Jackolan, as it's Pokedex states, resembles a pumpkin with a "scary" (in a cute way) face carved into the front. It has two small green vine stubs at the bottom that it uses to move, while inside the pumpkin is the flame spirit that is the actual Fakemon, which resembles a light purple candle flame.

Frightlight (Ghost/Grass)
Evolves from Jackolan
Evolves into Pumpking

"Jackolan's become Frightlight's when the spirit within the pumpkin body feeds on too much spiritual energy, and grows too large for their body to contain it. It has been rumoured that on Halloween night, several of these Pokemon gather in pumpkin fields and perform some sort of dance ritual. But all attempts to document this phenomenon have mysteriously failed..."

Frightlight resembles a scarecrow with a pumpkin for a head, and an evil-looking face. They are garbed in a poncho seemingly formed from a singed bedsheet and a pair of worn slacks, and it's limbs appear to be made out of branches. On it's head is a tattered, wide-brimmed black hat.

Pumpking (Ghost/Grass)
Evolves from Frightlight

"When the spirits of several Frightlights come together, they can merge to become a Pumpking. Pumpkings are said to be the kings of the spirit world, and when it visits the human realm, it leaves small traces of it's immense spiritual power behind, which possess pumpkins in order to become Jackolans. Thus the cycle begins anew. However, there is no factual evidence to support this theory."

Pumpking looks like an enormous Jack O'Lantern with a wide open mouth, unlike it's predecessors where the spirit was difficult to see when in it's pumpkin. The purple flame now looks closer to a bonfire with a pair of glowing red eyes shining from the flames. Several tentacles made of roots extend from the bottom of the pumpkin, and two large clawed arms made of vines grow from the top.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#13paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:35:09 AM
i like the grass/ghost totem/ tribal mask idea.

also its about three years old but this is something i made that was a pumpkin pokemon. it eventually had a bit of a jack'o lantern fact in a high stage.

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/pumchic-177085269
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#14LexifoxPosted 7/10/2013 6:37:34 AM
I feel like if we have a tribal mask, it should be Psychic or Fairy, since those are the most "magical" types.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#15paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:44:24 AM
Lexifox posted...
I feel like if we have a tribal mask, it should be Psychic or Fairy, since those are the most "magical" types.

true. but ghost or dark could work to, since tribal stuff, and shaman stuff is associated with evil magics too.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#16LexifoxPosted 7/10/2013 6:45:19 AM
Dark would work better if we want a more witch doctor vibe.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod