This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The greatest buff to Charizard really isn't a buff at all.

#1iKhanicPosted 7/10/2013 6:20:40 AM(edited)
It's just to make a Fire type variant of Giga Drain. By doing that, Charizard will be able to heal away that nasty Solar Power damage. And if it runs a specs set, you will probably be able to heal quite a bit with 4 STAB equivalent boosts.

inb4iKhanictopic
inb4TCcan'tinb4
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2HydreigoonPosted 7/10/2013 6:25:42 AM
Fire Drain doesn't sound nearly as cool though.
---
Games playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
LoL IGN: 0mnip0tent, previously known as Wyrm Wrath and Hydreigoon.
#3M4nnimalPosted 7/10/2013 6:29:24 AM
It's not great competitively, let it go.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#4Paul_Man_JonesPosted 7/10/2013 6:32:22 AM
M4nnimal posted...

This. I love Charizard as much as the next guy. Nostaliga and all. However I don't let it cloud my judgement. Assuming this becomes true. Stealth rock STILL takes half. Charizard gets bumped up to RU at most and there he gets pooped on by Kabutops just as much as he does Carracosta in NU.
---
One step closer to victory!
#5shrooboid313Posted 7/10/2013 6:34:11 AM
iKhanic posted...
make a Fire type variant of Giga Drain.

inb4iKhanictopic
inb4TCcan'tinb4

...and what about water types, shouldn't they be given a Giga Drain variant just to even it up considering Water/Grass/Fire are starter types.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313?feature=mhee
Please check out my YouTube channel. I do game walkthroughs.
#6ThatKippPosted 7/10/2013 6:34:12 AM
I think it could work.
---
Medicham/Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#7Davidk92Posted 7/10/2013 6:34:15 AM
M4nnimal posted...

Then don't use it competitively. :B
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#8InhaledCornPosted 7/10/2013 6:34:44 AM
M4nnimal posted...

Actually, Charizard has potential on sun teams. More than rocks, the main thing that holds it back is the Solar Power recoil. I mean, even with rocks, Volcarona's still OU.

I think Solar Power should ditch the recoil altogether. I mean, what's the point of the recoil when stuff like Chlorophyll and Swift Swim don't have it. Sand Force doesn't have recoil. Why should Solar Power be comparatively nerfed?

I think a reduction on the recoil from Solar Power, and a Fire-type Giga Drain are both good additions to Charizard's potential movelist.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#9LexifoxPosted 7/10/2013 6:34:50 AM
That'd be neat. Now all Charizard would have to worry about is being weak to two common types, having no real boosting move to help it, a shallow movepool, meh stats...
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:35:16 AM
M4nnimal posted...

It's the most underrated pokemon competitively. Also, great is relative. Charizard is already great in NU, and I never said anything about OU. This would probably land Charizard in UU, while getting it more appearances in OU on sun teams.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board