This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So if Gardevoir is Psychic/Fairy type...

#1l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 7/10/2013 6:36:11 AM
Dang. Fighting is double not effective, I'm pretty sure Steel is just normally effective, and as we all know the oh-so-fun method of simply Dragon Clawing everything you don't have a type for is gone now, it's looking like her only weakness will be Poison. I sure hope I can get a Poison type early on in the game...
---
You think I'm stupid for liking Nintendo? You're the one who thinks that "just for little kids" starts with an E.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#2NewbieN00bPosted 7/10/2013 6:38:29 AM
If we're talking competitively, why does when you get a poison type matter?

If were not talking competitive, any trainer that would have a Gerdevoir would be later in the game anyway.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#3Davidk92Posted 7/10/2013 6:39:13 AM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Dang. Fighting is double not effective, I'm pretty sure Steel is just normally effective, and as we all know the oh-so-fun method of simply Dragon Clawing everything you don't have a type for is gone now, it's looking like her only weakness will be Poison. I sure hope I can get a Poison type early on in the game...

it's looking like her only weakness will be Poison.

her only weakness

her

Gardevoirs can be male, bro.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#4Luigi playerPosted 7/10/2013 6:44:57 AM
steel is probably SE on fairy... and even if it wasn't, what happened to Dark/Ghost/Bug?

not to mention that you don't always just need something to be SE against someone, lol

my Archeops always just uses Acrobatics on everyone and beats them easily. :)
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#5Dark_Link92Posted 7/10/2013 6:52:26 AM
Davidk92 posted...

People do this a lot with Fennekin and Sylveon, too. They're 8/1 male to female. It really bugs me.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#6InhaledCornPosted 7/10/2013 6:57:24 AM
Psychic-types take neutral damage from Steel, so it will be weak to it if the rumored type-match-ups are true.

So, so long as Scizor stays OU, Gardevoir will be UU at best. It's still Pursuit-trapped and now it has Super Effective, Techni-boosted Bullet Punches to hit its weaker defensive side. And, even with a double-resistance to Fighting-types, due to its weak physical defense, Fighting-attacks are still going to hurt like a mo-fo, and it's slower than most OU Fighting-types or going to be priority Mach Punch'd in the gut.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#7Faust_8Posted 7/10/2013 7:20:50 AM
We've also heard nothing to suggest that Fairy resists Fighting either.

If the leak is 100% true, Gardevoir will resist Psychic and Fighting just like before, be weak to Dark, Ghost, Bug, Poison, and Steel, immune to Dragon, and the STABs will be strong against Fighting, Poison, Dark, and Dragon.

It's actually rather nice for "her" since her STABs are strong against two of her weaknesses. Dark fears Fairy and Poison has always feared Psychic, not to mention her new Dragon-killing potential.

However we don't know for sure if the leak is 100% true--maybe Fairy will have some resistances but none were mentioned in the leak aside from the Dragon immunity.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#8Volren617Posted 7/10/2013 7:38:38 AM
Not sure how well Gardevoir will really function as a dragon check. It's slow and lacks physical bulk so it'll have problems outside of (possibly) Salamence and Lati@s.

Neutral Earthquakes from stuff like Chomp/Haxorus/Dragonite will hurt a lot and Hydreigon can still hit it SE with one of its STABs. You might be able to play mindgames with the other guy to keep him from spamming Dragon moves until Gardy is dead I suppose which is valuable, along with its giant support movepool.
#9KaitoKazePosted 7/10/2013 7:47:12 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
Davidk92 posted...

People do this a lot with Fennekin and Sylveon, too. They're 8/1 male to female. It really bugs me.

Would you rather we say "it"?
---
Honedge is the greatest addition to Pokemon ever
Pokemon White FC: 2194-3207-8738
#10hellslingerPosted 7/10/2013 7:48:25 AM
KaitoKaze posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...
Davidk92 posted...

Would you rather we say "it"?

I usually just say the pokemons name.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg