This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So if Gardevoir is Psychic/Fairy type...

#11Faust_8Posted 7/10/2013 7:51:05 AM
Volren617 posted...
Not sure how well Gardevoir will really function as a dragon check. It's slow and lacks physical bulk so it'll have problems outside of (possibly) Salamence and Lati@s.

Neutral Earthquakes from stuff like Chomp/Haxorus/Dragonite will hurt a lot and Hydreigon can still hit it SE with one of its STABs. You might be able to play mindgames with the other guy to keep him from spamming Dragon moves until Gardy is dead I suppose which is valuable, along with its giant support movepool.

I guess I had never really looked into Gardevoir before now, I assumed it actually had some good Speed to it. Like 100+.

Never knew it was also a "meh" base 80 like Gallade. >_>

No wonder I don't ever see/hear of it being used right now...
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#12AysanderPosted 7/10/2013 7:54:41 AM
Gardevoir is sadly outclassed by Alakazam, just like Gallade is arguable outclassed by speedier fighting types.
#13l33t_iRk3n_Rm33(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 1:37:58 PM
Davidk92 posted...
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Dang. Fighting is double not effective, I'm pretty sure Steel is just normally effective, and as we all know the oh-so-fun method of simply Dragon Clawing everything you don't have a type for is gone now, it's looking like her only weakness will be Poison. I sure hope I can get a Poison type early on in the game...

it's looking like her only weakness will be Poison.

her only weakness

her

Gardevoirs can be male, bro.

I know, I know. I just usually refer more feminine Pokemon as she and manlier ones as he. Zapdos doesn't even have a gender and I call it a he.
---
You think I'm stupid for liking Nintendo? You're the one who thinks that "just for little kids" starts with an E.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#14mehmetskiPosted 7/10/2013 1:46:18 PM
Wow i dont know why but now i can imagine the champ having a guardevoir as the diamond of his/her team. would be great, as i expected the hoenn champ to do this.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#15jayman7Posted 7/10/2013 1:57:26 PM
People keep forgetting that it is perfectly grammatically correct to refer to living entities of unknown gender as "he" or "she" depending on which is more appropriate, expected, or when neither is expected, defaulting either to male or the speaker's own gender.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#16Emerald_MeliosPosted 7/12/2013 6:51:42 AM
Gardevoir would be weak to Poison, Steel, and Bug.
#17zombiabsolPosted 7/12/2013 6:53:45 AM
hellslinger posted...
KaitoKaze posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...
Davidk92 posted...
Gardevoirs can be male, bro.

People do this a lot with Fennekin and Sylveon, too. They're 8/1 male to female. It really bugs me.

Would you rather we say "it"?

I usually just say the pokemons name.

i almost always say "it", or the pokemons name. unless that pokemon is gender specific like gallade.

gallade is a bro
---
LOL, peace out Defense Of Marriage Act, you wont be missed...at all
Xbox one or ps4? vote: http://www.xboxonevspsfour.com/
#18Faust_8Posted 7/12/2013 6:58:17 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Gardevoir would be weak to Poison, Steel, and Bug.

...What makes you think Fairy covers up the Ghost and Dark weaknesses?
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.