This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many people actually pull an Ash...

#11JoJoX200Posted 7/10/2013 10:38:31 AM(edited)
I thought pulling an Ash meant going into a gym battle and using exclusively pokemon that are weak against the opposing pokemon. Before I clicked on the topic, of course.

Anyway, I usually don't rotate. However, in White 2, I followed my own rule to not catch more than one pokemon for my team per badge. That means I had my 6th pokemon by gym 6. That slot did change quite a bit tough, as I had a tough time settling for a flying type. I had a Pidove purely as a flying slave, then something I don't remember before finally deciding to go back to Castelia and get myself a Zubat, which stayed throughout the rest of the game.

On that note, the one pokemon per badge rule works really well. I always had the exact level of the current gym leader's strongest mon and never had to grind. In fact, after victory road, I was slightly overleveled without trying.
#12PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/10/2013 10:39:58 AM
I thought pulling an Ash meant going into a gym battle and using explicitely pokemon that are weak against the opposing pokemon. Before I clicked on the topic, of course.

He hasn't done this on purpose in so many years. Why do people think this? The kid type trumps so much
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492 both both games), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#13pokemon2pokerPosted 7/10/2013 10:42:44 AM
Ugliest op I've ever read.
---
A+E
#14JoJoX200Posted 7/10/2013 10:44:00 AM
I don't watch the anime on a regular basis, but stuff like Pikachu against Snivy(yes, I know Pikachu only lost because of Zekrom) and the first Unova gym battle tends to stick to my head too much. The newer episodes are different. My bad.
#15XWolfOPosted 7/10/2013 10:44:05 AM
I always rotate my team, keeping only two or three Pokemon that I actually use from the point I catch them onwards. Been that way since Red, really.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#16HamiwifulPosted 7/10/2013 10:56:18 AM
I only use 4 Pokémon, the other 2 spots are for different Pokémon that I catch and then exchange with others I catch.
#17zane0144Posted 7/10/2013 10:58:57 AM
I rotated in 5 oddish vs misty back when I only used my starter. Am I doing it right?
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#18PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 7/10/2013 11:27:05 AM
These days I pick three strong mons that cover most, if not all bases, and cover eachothers weaknesses. Then a slave or two and maybe a legendary.

IDK if that's pulling an ash, but it's a HELL of a lot easier than training up six different legitimately good mons
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.