This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We really need a high accuracy freezing move

#1iKhanicPosted 7/10/2013 9:47:38 AM
I think it could have some interesting effects in competitive battle. For example, more pokemon may carry fire type moves in case they are frozen, but use them more conservatively when the opponent has a frozen pokemon. Ho-Oh would become an even more useful Uber with Sacred Fire being able to defrost and attack. We could see similar effects with Scald.

It also just needs to happen. Freeze isn't broken any more like it was in Gen 1.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2ZTIger5Posted 7/10/2013 9:50:58 AM
I'd get behind it. Ice-types need whatever kind of buffs they can get.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#3D_BartPosted 7/10/2013 9:52:56 AM
Unless freezing is nerfed

Hahahahhahahaha No.
---
Splash
#4BerserkLeonPosted 7/10/2013 9:54:35 AM
It'd also be pretty useful for the normal players since freeze seems to wear off a little less than sleep.. and sleep is usually hard to stick.
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/10/2013 9:56:15 AM
You and your fire types
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#6ChaosCreativityPosted 7/10/2013 9:57:07 AM
No. I've been in way to many matches where I've gotten frozen and only thawed out when I fainted. It's strong the way it is already.
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 9:59:31 AM
I should clarify.

This move wouldn't be 100% accurate, and it would be poorly distributed like Spore is.

I was thinking more like 60% accurate and exclusive to Glaceon, Cryogonal, the Seel line, and Articuno.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#8JoJoX200Posted 7/10/2013 10:01:57 AM
If the freeze status didn't have the potential to last forever due to no turn count and being entirely based on RNG, I'd be all for it.

Heck, changing it so that freeze wears off by switching might be enough. That would give Ice a strong tool, because causing switches makes way for an offensive setup - something ice is actually good at. Just make the move exclusive to ice types, so water types won't have an edge on them yet again.
#9MaetchPosted 7/10/2013 10:07:12 AM(edited)
Freezing is supposed to be a rare reward for using an Ice attack, despite the fact that Sleep is much more reliable. At least with Sleep, the victim is guaranteed to lose at least one turn, but a Pokémon can and usually will thaw out in the exact same turn it was frozen.

So no. A dedicated freezing move would just be a waste due to how unreliable the Freeze condition actually is.
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 10:07:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]