This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We really need a high accuracy freezing move

#11JustinTheJaggedPosted 7/10/2013 11:09:21 AM
Then more than 3 pokemon better get Magma Armor.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#12iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 11:09:30 AM
Can I get some clarification on this? Are there only a few moves that a pokemon can use while froze, or will any fire type move defrost the user if frozen?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#13MaetchPosted 7/10/2013 11:14:10 AM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
Can I get some clarification on this? Are there only a few moves that a pokemon can use while froze, or will any fire type move defrost the user if frozen?

Any Fire-type move will defrost a frozen Pokémon, but only if the opponent actually chooses to use them.

To my knowledge, the only Fire-type moves that a frozen Pokémon can use itself are Flame Wheel and Sacred Fire (there may have been a couple more since).
#14AysanderPosted 7/10/2013 11:17:47 AM
Maetch posted...
iKhanic posted...

Any Fire-type move will defrost a frozen Pokémon, but only if the opponent actually chooses to use them.

To my knowledge, the only Fire-type moves that a frozen Pokémon can use itself are Flame Wheel and Sacred Fire (there may have been a couple more since).

Flare Blitz also thaws now. Not sure if Flame Charge does or not.
#15D_BartPosted 7/10/2013 11:19:43 AM
iKhanic posted...

Only a few moves will defrost the user, although, if I recall correctly, being hit by a fire type move will result in being defrosted.

Even if every fire type move defrosted the user, it would still be too broken, as it would force most Pokemon to carry HP Fire. A 20% chance with no guarantee of ever defrosting is just too low.
---
Splash
#16Faust_8Posted 7/10/2013 11:50:46 AM
iKhanic posted...
I should clarify.

This move wouldn't be 100% accurate, and it would be poorly distributed like Spore is.

I was thinking more like 60% accurate and exclusive to Glaceon, Cryogonal, the Seel line, and Articuno.

I'm fine with something like that if it can ONLY be used Ice types. Not even Smeargle.

So it should have a stipulation in the description like "Fails if user is not Ice type."
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#17QuaguamanPosted 7/10/2013 11:51:43 AM
D_Bart posted...
Unless freezing is nerfed

Hahahahhahahaha No.

this, freeze is too good to have a high acc move
---
Fluttershy is best pony
#18iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 11:55:23 AM
Quaguaman posted...
D_Bart posted...
Unless freezing is nerfed

Hahahahhahahaha No.

this, freeze is too good to have a high acc move

What if something gets Secret Power and Serene Grace.

Hail could become a lot more common.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#19Roc_RaidaPosted 7/10/2013 11:58:33 AM

What does that have to do with anything? Secret Power is based on location and not the weather. Besides quite of few things have that combo already. -_-

Blissey/Chansey, Togekiss, Jirachi and Dunsparce
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB
My ass is property of his most superior JEFFHARDYB0YZ
#20iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 12:00:32 PM
Roc_Raida posted...

What does that have to do with anything? Secret Power is based on location and not the weather. Besides quite of few things have that combo already. -_-

Blissey/Chansey, Togekiss, Jirachi and Dunsparce

My bad, I wasn't thinking.
---