This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people bash RNGing because they're failures?

#1pokemon2pokerPosted 7/10/2013 4:14:12 PM
Just wondering. Do you guys think people hate on rnging because they haven't been successful at it? What other reason could someone have for calling rng cheating?
---
A+E
#2FuneralCakePosted 7/10/2013 4:15:53 PM
It's because they have a different opinion on what is legitimate. I actually doubt most of the people who are against RNGing know how it works, much less have tried it for themselves.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#3AysanderPosted 7/10/2013 4:16:24 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
Just wondering. Do you guys think people hate on rnging because they haven't been successful at it? What other reason could someone have for calling rng cheating?

RNG isn't cheating...RNG manipulation is, because it's basically using the RNG to defeat itself and force yourself to get perfect results.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 7/10/2013 6:19:21 PM
FuneralCake posted...
It's because they have a different opinion on what is legitimate. I actually doubt most of the people who are against RNGing know how it works, much less have tried it for themselves.

You're abusing the random number generator.
It's called "abuse" for a reason. Also, you need outside tools to do it, don't you?
It's literally abusing the games programming with outside tools. It's literally the definition of cheating.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#5Luigi playerPosted 7/10/2013 6:30:03 PM(edited)
because they're trying to legitimately catch a Pokemon while RNGers basically abuse the RNG in a way that should not be possible. You shouldn't be able to see which seconds or minute on a clock tells which stat it's going to get.

RNGers will have much much much much much much better Pokemon stats than people that don't hack or RNG (or trade for these), because it would take them 1000000000000000x the time it would take RNGers.

You're basically cheating by getting too good Pokemon in way less of a time, which is a huge advantage and unfair.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#6FuneralCakePosted 7/10/2013 6:37:03 PM(edited)
CakeOfLies posted...
You're abusing the random number generator.
It's called "abuse" for a reason. Also, you need outside tools to do it, don't you?
It's literally abusing the games programming with outside tools. It's literally the definition of cheating.

It depends on how you look at it.

For example, calling it "abuse" is biased. Abuse, by definition, means you are doing something wrong. However, using the RNG to your advantage is a personal issue. Some look at it as cheating; as if it shouldn't be done. Some look at it as an advanced way of playing the game. You can't say 100% that it's one way or the other. It's an opinion, not a fact.

As for "outside tools," what you're referring to is a calculator. Calculators exist to make tasks easier. Could it be done without an "outside tool"? Sure. Would it be practical? No. It's really no different from using an IV calculator.

Speaking of IVs, "outside tools" are used to grab pretty much all of the data we know about Pokemon. Does that make it wrong to know this information, because it used "outside tools"? We wouldn't know exactly how IVs, EVs, or almost any of the game mechanics work otherwise.

Luigi player posted...
RNGers basically abuse the RNG in a way that should not be possible. You shouldn't be able to see which seconds or minute on a clock tells which stat it's going to get.

What should or should not be possible, again, is opinion, not fact. I could say we shouldn't be able to figure out the stat or damage formulas, or something else like that, but most people would disagree with me. What makes this any different?
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#7MickeyRocksaPosted 7/10/2013 6:37:07 PM
They probably never fought a thousand heartless
---
call me 2 battle MICKEYx FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me first
feel free
#8LightningHawk90Posted 7/10/2013 6:39:04 PM
Here we go, more people trying to justify their cheating.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#9AurawhispererPosted 7/10/2013 6:42:44 PM
I dont even understand the term of RNG. I dont speak nerd like I use to.

Example: took me 2 years to know what Pokegen means. Pokemon generator
---
It's funny how so many immature imbeciles on here try hard hating me. You think I care, yet I don't.
Try harder kid. You amuse me :)
#10MegaWentEvilPosted 7/10/2013 6:54:00 PM
Calling someone a failure simply because they cannot do a videogame-related thing is VERY cruel! They can still be kind people.

All professional gamers are bullies.