This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people bash RNGing because they're failures?

#31GalladetheGreatPosted 7/10/2013 7:44:47 PM
YourLuck posted...
If two people have the same/similar amount of skill, stats generally determine who wins. Team comp of course, but that's different.

It's safe to say that most competitive players know how to ev train. It's also safe to say that more than 99% of all pokemon with desired ivs are hacked.

But everybody who has true, documented skill RNGs or hacks.

Most of the people who are against RNGing stick to ingame battles. They would get destroyed against a battler from Smogon or Serebii.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#32slothicaPosted 7/10/2013 7:54:24 PM
There's nothing wrong with it. You're not going to take sub-par pokemon to battle against others, are you? You're going to try and get the best pokemon possible. That's why you breed, and raise and train and level. For perfection.

RNG'ing or Pokegening just cuts the time it takes... by a lot.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
I died and went to heaven. Apparently I'm on the ban list.
#33AysanderPosted 7/10/2013 7:58:04 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Aysander posted...
Also, explain to everyone how to do it, then. If you think everyone is against it because they don't know how it works, it won't do any harm or bolster opinions/feeling.

Don't think you will, though, because you can't without making it obvious an outside tool which is not part of the game's internal programming has to be used.

Well, for one, I don't think everyone is against it because they don't know how it works. Some people, maybe, but not everyone. Don't put words in my mouth.

Two, again, the "outside too that is not part of the game's internal programming" is a calculator. That's it. If that alone makes it cheating, then so is using an IV calculator. So is using all the data ripped from the game. Et cetera.

If you want to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative and twist things to fit your "argument" (and it seems you do) then you are not a person I want to have a conversation with. I've seen enough of these arguments to know how things go, and to realize when this stops being a discussion and starts being an argument, and this isn't worth getting into an argument over. A civilized discussion is fine, but not an argument.

Now I feel a bit silly lol...someone was telling me they used a tool called RNGClock to generate a timer that detects when you'll get a perfect poke or not >.> my bad for being gullible at times.