This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Tri-Type Mechanic?

#11CharizardFirePosted 7/10/2013 4:36:18 PM
If I absolutely had to, then:

Black Kyurem: Dragon/Ice/Electric
White Kyurem: Dragon/Ice/Fire
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#12Risinglu101Posted 7/10/2013 4:37:16 PM
Hmm to think out of the box alittle bit I would make Xerneas the legendary a water/Ghost/steel making it resistant to fighting while weakening dark, ghost, fire, psychic, dragon, electric, rock, steel, bug, and maybe fairy.
---
Wired - sometimes
TvC:Uas:Rise*101 Aka: Searpent Fc:0605-6859-5320 + Smw3 Fc:0476-1759-7061
#13Risinglu101Posted 7/10/2013 4:39:53 PM
Risinglu101 posted...
Hmm to think out of the box alittle bit I would make Xerneas the legendary a water/Ghost/steel making it resistant to fighting while weakening dark, ghost, fire, psychic, dragon, electric, rock, steel, bug, and maybe fairy.

Haha forgot Normal type imunity.
---
Wired - sometimes
TvC:Uas:Rise*101 Aka: Searpent Fc:0605-6859-5320 + Smw3 Fc:0476-1759-7061
#14jayman7Posted 7/10/2013 4:57:33 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
Xazeal posted...
Duskull24 posted...
None of them. Tri-Types are a bad idea and should never happen.

I'm fine with the concept of attacks that have a base-type and then deal a different type of damage, but Pokemon with three types is a no.

I'm not fine with that, because it's stupidly pointless: it's just whatever type move the damage deals, but the wrong type gets STAB from it - the type that SHOULD get STAB doesn't want it, and no other type cares.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#15sabeta_samaPosted 7/10/2013 5:03:25 PM
I don't understand what you're saying. But Off-Typing Pokemon moves sounds like a great idea. I would love moves whose effect read "This move is treated as X Type when factoring in effectiveness" Someone posted a rumor sheet that the new Shrimp guy would have a water move that deals effectiveness as an Electric attack. You have a water type move super effective against Flying types.

I think that if GF did implement such moves, then making them retain their original effectiveness would kind of be overpowered. the same water move is now an electric move for flying types, or a water move for ground types. Things could get ridiculous then.

As for Tri-Type; it's stupid.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#16jayman7Posted 7/10/2013 5:07:47 PM(edited)
sabeta_sama posted...
I don't understand what you're saying. But Off-Typing Pokemon moves sounds like a great idea. I would love moves whose effect read "This move is treated as X Type when factoring in effectiveness" Someone posted a rumor sheet that the new Shrimp guy would have a water move that deals effectiveness as an Electric attack. You have a water type move super effective against Flying types.

No, you do not have a Water-type move that is super-effective against Flying types. You have an Electric-type move that actual Electric-types refuse to touch and everything other than Water-types treats like a completely ordinary run-of-the-mill Electric move.

Also, you're simply encouraging every Pokémon's moveset to fill itself with wrong-STAB moves, if they become plentiful enough. What Water-type Pokémon would bother with Thunderbolt, Psychic, or Ice Beam when Watershock, Aquakinesis, and Frozen Water (all off-STAB moves) are available?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#17XazealPosted 7/10/2013 5:06:08 PM
sabeta_sama posted...

I think that if GF did implement such moves, then making them retain their original effectiveness would kind of be overpowered. the same water move is now an electric move for flying types, or a water move for ground types. Things could get ridiculous then.

As for Tri-Type; it's stupid.

I feel bad for jayman at this point, having seen him explain why this is stupid so, so many times. Nobody ever seems to listen.
#18andrewx72Posted 7/10/2013 5:09:09 PM
Lugia=Psychic/Flying/Water
Dragonite=Dragon/Flying/Water
Ho-oh=Fire/Flying/Psychic
---
Don't eat blue melons.
Black 2 FC: 2022 7568 3773
#19Wings of FortePosted 7/10/2013 5:21:22 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
OrangeCrush980 posted...
Charizard - Fire/Flying/Fighting
Typhlosion - Fire/Fairy/Fighting

Wut.

Fighting would make Charizard just 2x vulnerable to Rock instead of OHKO 4x vulnerable.

No ****ing clue what favors Fairy does for Typhlosion other than STAB bonus effectiveness on Dragons but depending on what weaknesses Fairy might have, Fighting will at least keep Typhlosion on par against Steel and Rock if not cover for them.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#20Block_Man_XPosted 7/10/2013 5:26:08 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
Joebot800 posted...
Xazeal posted...
Duskull24 posted...
None of them. Tri-Types are a bad idea and should never happen.

---
PSN-block-man-x / SSF4 Mains Vega/ MVC3 Cptn America Akuma zero/Dante Wolverine sentinel. SFxT: Vega