This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you prefer remakes or originals?

#21iKhanicPosted 7/10/2013 5:53:42 PM
I voted original only because I have no interest in playing the remakes.

I want to experience each gen for what it was, not half gutted with all the new mechanics.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#22Thepenguinking2Posted 7/10/2013 5:55:29 PM
Noble-Heart posted...
While I do feel the remakes are the better version of the games for the most part (sadly the music only got worser through the remakes). In my eyes Crystal and yellow still have some uniqueness in it and charm that sets it apart from the remakes and also making them my favorite games,

Have you NOT listened to SSHG's credits theme?
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 31
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
#23KeeperOfShadowsPosted 7/10/2013 5:55:36 PM
Obviously the remakes are updated versions of the originals, but they don't interest me very much.

Mainly because I the pokemon games are already similar enough gen to gen without me playing the exact same game again(with a few add-ons).
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#24Oak_TeaPosted 7/10/2013 6:03:25 PM
I prefer HG/SS to G/S, but I prefer RBY to FR/LG. Though I never finished FR/LG...

There weren't enough things added to the Gen 1 remakes for me to prefer them. The Missingno/Safari Zone glitches and nostalgia win it for me.
---
Now playing: FFX-2, Pokemon Emerald (Nuzlocke)
#25P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/10/2013 6:04:24 PM
I voted for remakes, but honestly, I like playing them all. The remakes offer a more polished game, but for me, the originals offer a better feel
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.