This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NO GAMEFREAK NO! (obligatory lowercase)

#31SephirothtPosted 7/11/2013 2:25:22 AM
Lexifox posted...
Firemaster5 posted...
It's classified as the cotton candy Pokémon.
<__<

This tends to describe Pokemon, but it's not always what they literally are. Are you going to argue that Shushup is actual perfume come to life?

Off course, It's just a fancy bottle shape. :D
---
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/Sephi#0
#32Earth_EchidnaPosted 7/11/2013 2:34:12 AM
Hmm... I seem to recall Tropius has some very edible bananas growing at the base of its head? Face it, what you're complaining about is old. Tropius may just be based off a banana tree, which bears some very edible fruit. Therefore, it would had the complaint of being based off food LONG before Vanilluxe was even created.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 1335 1407 6427
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards
#33LexifoxPosted 7/11/2013 2:41:08 AM
Firemaster5 posted...
More like a source
Anyway, I posted that emoticon b/c I was kind of irked that it was classified that way like, "Really, Gamefreak?"

Sephirotht posted...

The point is that people are too quick to see this and become outraged that sugar was heated, shaped, and then became sentient instead of looking at it from another way.

First, how do we know this is literal cotton candy? Why can't we look at it and think that in the Pokemon world, this creature was discovered and called the Cotton Candy Pokemon because it looked so much like the sugary treat?

Second, how do we know that this comes after cotton candy? Maybe cotton candy was invented after the Pokemon and as a result, it was given the "Cotton Candy" name.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#34SephirothtPosted 7/11/2013 2:55:16 AM
Lexifox posted...
Firemaster5 posted...
More like a source
Anyway, I posted that emoticon b/c I was kind of irked that it was classified that way like, "Really, Gamefreak?"

Sephirotht posted...

The point is that people are too quick to see this and become outraged that sugar was heated, shaped, and then became sentient instead of looking at it from another way.

First, how do we know this is literal cotton candy? Why can't we look at it and think that in the Pokemon world, this creature was discovered and called the Cotton Candy Pokemon because it looked so much like the sugary treat?

Second, how do we know that this comes after cotton candy? Maybe cotton candy was invented after the Pokemon and as a result, it was given the "Cotton Candy" name.

I think the one thing they have to remember is. If that Pokemon is really Cotton Candy, you'd take a bit out of it. :/

But true. Even reallife animal are named like that. Or would people claim a Tomato Frog is really a tomato?
---
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/Sephi#0
#35mech dragonPosted 7/11/2013 3:33:43 AM
Lets be real. Goldeen and Taurus were the original food Pokemon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcEmHO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OHcGZ4e.jpg
#36LightningHawk90Posted 7/11/2013 3:35:28 AM
Farfetch'd was food too lol
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#37EpicLatiosPosted 7/11/2013 4:12:47 AM
How can anyone hate it. It's a adorable bad-ass cotton candy ball that can destroy dragons!
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#38iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 4:14:37 AM
Earth_Echidna posted...
Hmm... I seem to recall Tropius has some very edible bananas growing at the base of its head? Face it, what you're complaining about is old. Tropius may just be based off a banana tree, which bears some very edible fruit. Therefore, it would had the complaint of being based off food LONG before Vanilluxe was even created.

Is tropius a banana? No, it's based on the concept of PRODUCING food, similar to Miltank and Farfetch'd

And I never said Vanilluxe was the first, cherubi was first, but it's much more ambiguously food
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#39fluvr305Posted 7/11/2013 4:21:09 AM
Essentialy every pokemon is food...if you know how to cook them
#40Oak_TeaPosted 7/11/2013 4:22:45 AM
Farfetch'd was based after a myth/story about a lost traveler who came across a duck carrying a leek. The traveler was saved because it ate the duck. (iirc)

Jigglypuff's Japanese name can be translated as "Pudding". Like the kind you eat. Or the British word for "Dessert", the meal.
---
Now playing: FFX-2, Pokemon Emerald (Nuzlocke)