This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xerneas is Life and Yveltal is destruction what is Z?

#51AngryGFAQerPosted 7/15/2013 6:15:09 AM
dearestnight posted...
Trying to work that out based on the Yggdrasil theme. Honestly the closest I can come up with is decay or entropy. The Stag as creation and the Eagle as destruction work fairly well (with a bit of stretching). Z will clearly be the Wyrm that gnaws at and rots the roots. If I had to take a wild guess at typing (which would be fantastic) it would most likely end up being Dragon/Poison. Decay would definitely fit the theme of slowly eating away at the thing that holds the forces of the world in place.

Edit: In a roundabout way actually, yes, Zombie I suppose. >_> We'll just go with that.

This makes the most sense.

I haven't read up on Yggdrasil, but is there anything about 'balance'?

We have Xerneas and Yveltal at extreme ends. The 'wyrm' (Z) seems to be something that distorts both destruction and creation.

Then there has to be something in the middle, that strikes a balance. Maybe the Victini of Gen VI?
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#52JudoonMoonPosted 7/15/2013 6:43:20 AM
Memorial? Although I do like zombies lol.
---
Sco Fro Tro No Fro Jo To Do No Po Sco Po To To!
#53SazukeEXPosted 7/15/2013 6:47:11 AM
Rebirth I bet.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#54dearestnightPosted 7/16/2013 3:39:30 AM(edited)
AngryGFAQer posted...
dearestnight posted...
Trying to work that out based on the Yggdrasil theme. Honestly the closest I can come up with is decay or entropy. The Stag as creation and the Eagle as destruction work fairly well (with a bit of stretching). Z will clearly be the Wyrm that gnaws at and rots the roots. If I had to take a wild guess at typing (which would be fantastic) it would most likely end up being Dragon/Poison. Decay would definitely fit the theme of slowly eating away at the thing that holds the forces of the world in place.

Edit: In a roundabout way actually, yes, Zombie I suppose. >_> We'll just go with that.

This makes the most sense.

I haven't read up on Yggdrasil, but is there anything about 'balance'?

We have Xerneas and Yveltal at extreme ends. The 'wyrm' (Z) seems to be something that distorts both destruction and creation.

Then there has to be something in the middle, that strikes a balance. Maybe the Victini of Gen VI?

I'll try to spare you an enormous wall of poetic text, but yes, balance is the whole meaning of the tale. If we're getting technical, all the residents are eating it really, the serpents are just the scary bunch. Ironic you mention Victini, seeing as a squirrel relays messages between the eagle and Nidhoggr (serpent) trying to get them pissed at each other. lol. The story is basically about stoicism. The tree endures great agony between worlds while being consumed, in order to A) Keep a balance between them, and B) The more relevant point, keep Serpents trapped. Details vary depending on which verses of which poetry.

I doubt they'd get too deep with it really, so I'll just use the relevant points that are easy and obvious, and would likely get tapped for something like a Pokemon. Nidhoggr is a scary badass and the tree explicitly holds him at bay. He is from the underworld, and in some cases the root he gnaws at is blocking the Norse equivalent of Limbo. My personal favorite detail being that said realm is a place of ice and frost. I would have pegged him for Dragon/Ice (assuming I'm correct at all, but seriously, what other creature would you Z shape if not a serpent? lol) except for the fact that we all know GF hates Ice types. >_< As a side note, if the new trio set follows the Norse trend, expect either dragons or wolves. Not much else to work with, MAYBE crows.

Er, or as I should have said the first time I posted this....Fairies. -_- Don't know HOW I forgot about Scandinavian fairy stuff when thinking about that last part. >_> Was too busy thinking about Huginn and Muninn in a "what if" scenario where they sounded like dudebros and drove Odin insane. <_<
#55KEN181Posted 7/16/2013 3:31:36 AM
Probably a dark/fairy type, and will
stand for rebirth or mischief
---
Wilf > METROD > Phoenis PAUNCH!!!
Poke D/P Name: Rose FC: 4596 6778 0536
#56jEr3mYPosted 7/16/2013 3:41:41 AM
Rebirth makes sense... or dead but alive.. so a zombie makes perfect sense..
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013